Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Young Performance out there??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/226163-young-performance-out-there.html)

Jassman 03-20-2010 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by mean streak (Post 3067524)
Same with my 950's with 244 hours on them. Eddie is the man. Hey Donzi you still at Center Hill? If you are come by.

244 hours..that's excellent..and btw..you have a great looking boat...and love them asd-7's..

FuelinAround 03-21-2010 03:30 PM

We got any pics yet? Memorial day is creeping in :)

AIR TIME 03-21-2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3066283)
Sleep is highly overated. I'll get all that I need when I'm dead:grinser010:
I signed the papers on the new shop today. Got a lot of work to do, but what else is new.
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Bill,
Where are my measurements???

KY boy,
I look forward to it. We will get a plan together to get you the best bang for the buck. Just do it early. The best time is right at the end of the season. Right now I am turning it away. I almost didn't even take in your buddies to do. It is going to be tough to fit it in with all the other work. I am the only one that assembles, so I can only do so much. As much as I hate turning work away, I would hate it even more to take it in and not be able to finish it in a reasonable amount of time. Let me know when you are ready. Give me a shout sometime and we can get a gameplan together to determine the best course of action. Thanks
Eddie

thats nice to hear if you can;t geter done DON'T take on the job good for you I respect that. I just lost 800.00 for renting a building to install my motor, but its way behind its build time. I guess I'm rich just give it away.

Young Performance 03-22-2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by kyboy1020 (Post 3071757)
We got any pics yet? Memorial day is creeping in :)

PICS???? I'm still trying to get the quote together.:lolhit:
I have been so busy with both work and trying to get into the new shop. I'm building an assembly room, so I can't do any engine work in it until it is finished. I will put up the pics as soon as I have some.
Thanks,
Eddie

FuelinAround 03-22-2010 10:39 AM

Oh come on eddie I thought the cart came before the horse and the chicken before the egg??? :lolhit:

mean streak 03-22-2010 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 3071017)
Yes, I am still around. I am winding up my busy season.

Bought a 60ft Chris Craft Roamer with 1271TI's to run around the Tn lake system. 3 staterooms and 3 heads, walk-in engine rooms and all the goodies. It is a piece of artwork. I never imagined that I would think that performance boating was cheap but you can spend some money on those big boys. Think 4 gal a mile when you lean on it. I am keeping the Donzi at Center Hill close to the house.

I have a friend here building me a custom hydraulic ram system so I can raise an lower the mast. I was explaining it to some of my big boat friends. They looked with bewilderment and asked how I knew someone that could do that.

We need to get together for a day on the lake again. I enjoyed last time. Next time I want to play more.

Just call anytime or come by the boat, I want to see that 60 footer too. Talk soon brother!

mean streak 03-22-2010 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3071046)
244 hours..that's excellent..and btw..you have a great looking boat...and love them asd-7's..

Thank you! We have had nothing but fun with this boat. Joe at Hustler and Eddie at Young Performance has given us a boat that has been close to perfect. We have had so much fun with no problems. We had a oil leak in the summer of 05 when the boat was new, changed oil pans and fixed that. The angle of the motors was the problem. Little spooky over 100 mph. My next boat will be the 39 rocket at Hustler with these motors in it. Just hearing Joe and Eddie talk to each other in the same room is priceless. Joe done a great job on the boat to, and always makes it alot of fun(4th one) Great guys.

Young Performance 03-22-2010 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by kyboy1020 (Post 3072428)
Oh come on eddie I thought the cart came before the horse and the chicken before the egg??? :lolhit:

Depends on who you talk to.:drink:
I don't touch anything until I give a customer a quote and he knows exactly what he is getting into. I try to account for everything so that the quote is what the job ends up. I don't like surprises, so I assume no one else likes them. At least not that kind of surprise. There are a lot of people that really have no idea what stuff costs and how long it takes to do some things.
On another note, we are going to try to squeeze 700 hp out of it. We'll see.
Eddie

littledcsrodshop 03-27-2010 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 3066090)
Good plan.

Get him to build a set of his custom EFI engines. I have a couple of seasons on mine and have friends with a bunch more time than that. They hit hard, run clean and don't break. All I do with my 850 is change the oil.

Dude drop me an email when you get a chance, I cant pm cause my box is full overhere & I need to clean it out, but its late..
I'm working on my intercooler setup & kinda in mock up stage now for some things & I'm keeping my options open as to exactly which intercooler I'm gonna use... I have my carb enclosure on ebay now so its not gonna make the cut..

littledcsrodshop(at)comcast(dot)net

Really SORRY to jack the thread... Proceed on......