Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Young Performance out there??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/226163-young-performance-out-there.html)

FuelinAround 03-11-2010 04:12 PM

Young Performance out there???

One of my bestfriends is bringing his 25 outlaw to you for a blower/new cam setup. Soon as he gets it back we are headed to the ozarks for memorial day!!! Would love to see some pics of the motor out with blower on and such if you could :) Thank you. Chris Lanham is the guys name.

Young Performance 03-12-2010 01:43 AM

I would be glad to. I will update with pics as soon as I have something worth taking a pic of:drink: Thanks
Eddie:drink:

FuelinAround 03-12-2010 08:30 AM

Thanks alot! I will be getting with you over the winter.. Would like to rip these stock 454 out and look at some 496 mags or something a little more reliable, EFI, and more fuel efficient.

Pwrbt33 03-12-2010 03:30 PM

Eddie's the man!! Your friend won't be disappointed!!!

ZXXX Donzi 03-12-2010 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by kyboy1020 (Post 3065741)
Thanks alot! I will be getting with you over the winter.. Would like to rip these stock 454 out and look at some 496 mags or something a little more reliable, EFI, and more fuel efficient.

Good plan.

Get him to build a set of his custom EFI engines. I have a couple of seasons on mine and have friends with a bunch more time than that. They hit hard, run clean and don't break. All I do with my 850 is change the oil.

Advantage 27 03-12-2010 05:25 PM

Eddie is definitely the route you want to take. Mine should be ready in April and cannot wait. Total rebuilt with many new goodies added. 547 with Holley efi intake

I handed Eddie a POS engine built by someone who thought they knew how to build a marine engine and he worked through all the f**k ups and kept me updated the entire time. He takes the time to give very detailed explanations that allows you to make educated decisions on next best step to take.

Eddie just needs to find some more time for sleep. :lolhit:

ozarkdevil 03-12-2010 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage 27 (Post 3066130)
Eddie is definitely the route you want to take. Mine should be ready in April and cannot wait. Total rebuilt with many new goodies added. 547 with Holley efi intake

I handed Eddie a POS engine built by someone who thought they knew how to build a marine engine and he worked through all the f**k ups and kept me updated the entire time. He takes the time to give very detailed explanations that allows you to make educated decisions on next best step to take.

With out to mush detail what part of the country was this engine builder from?

f311fr1 03-12-2010 09:04 PM

Mt. Juliet, TN. Just east of Nashville, TN. I hauled my Black Thunder to him when he was in LA. pre Katrina. It is worth the trip.

Young Performance 03-12-2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage 27 (Post 3066130)

Sleep is highly overated. I'll get all that I need when I'm dead:grinser010:
I signed the papers on the new shop today. Got a lot of work to do, but what else is new.
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Bill,
Where are my measurements???

KY boy,
I look forward to it. We will get a plan together to get you the best bang for the buck. Just do it early. The best time is right at the end of the season. Right now I am turning it away. I almost didn't even take in your buddies to do. It is going to be tough to fit it in with all the other work. I am the only one that assembles, so I can only do so much. As much as I hate turning work away, I would hate it even more to take it in and not be able to finish it in a reasonable amount of time. Let me know when you are ready. Give me a shout sometime and we can get a gameplan together to determine the best course of action. Thanks
Eddie

Catmando 03-12-2010 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 3066283)
Sleep is highly overated. I'll get all that I need when I'm dead:grinser010:
I signed the papers on the new shop today. Got a lot of work to do, but what else is new.
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Bill,
Where are my measurements???

KY boy,
I look forward to it. We will get a plan together to get you the best bang for the buck. Just do it early. The best time is right at the end of the season. Right now I am turning it away. I almost didn't even take in your buddies to do. It is going to be tough to fit it in with all the other work. I am the only one that assembles, so I can only do so much. As much as I hate turning work away, I would hate it even more to take it in and not be able to finish it in a reasonable amount of time. Let me know when you are ready. Give me a shout sometime and we can get a gameplan together to determine the best course of action. Thanks
Eddie

Can't you find a good marine assembler and teach him?? That was the problem with Jim Hering; he was doing too much by himself and got behind...