Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nothing to hide - Ilmor opens the door on my 725/Indy buildup (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/226602-nothing-hide-ilmor-opens-door-my-725-indy-buildup.html)

NASCAT 05-20-2010 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 3115266)

Cool vids thanks for sharing!

Why does the starboard tailpipe put out so much more water / exhaust when compared to the port in the dock idling vid??

Dan Burger 05-20-2010 11:00 AM

Nice job Chuck, (and John)
been reading all your post.
Looks like a big boy rooster tail.
can't wait to see it.
Diane you missed the shot of the speedo breaking the 100 mark.
If you need a land video let me know I can use Mares Video Camera ,High Def too..

Dan.

C_Spray 05-20-2010 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 3115299)
Cool vids thanks for sharing!

Why does the starboard tailpipe put out so much more water / exhaust when compared to the port in the dock idling vid??

To meet the 3-star EU emissions certification, the left bank SHUTS DOWN :eek: at idle. Trust me - it REALLY freaks you out at first!! As soon as you give it a little throttle or put it in gear, it turns everything back on.

Wild, huh?

glassdave 05-20-2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 3115408)
To meet the 3-star EU emissions certification, the left bank SHUTS DOWN :eek: at idle. Trust me - it REALLY freaks you out at first!! As soon as you give it a little throttle or put it in gear, it turns everything back on.

Wild, huh?

:confused: yea thats pretty wild. Kinda like one of those damn Toyota Scions. I was bringing one to the shop a few years ago and it would shut the motor off at stop lights. When you hit the gas it would start after you got rolling. That was weird.

Lookin good Chuck :drink:

NASCAT 05-20-2010 12:45 PM

Thanks for taking the time to explain C Spray. I've enjoyed following your thread & am glad to hear you are finally enjoying the fruits of your labor.

MANITIE 05-20-2010 02:33 PM

Great video guys.....still a lot of room there in the RPM's
110+ is not out of the question....

jmrapp 05-20-2010 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Burger (Post 3115305)
Nice job Chuck, (and John)
been reading all your post.
Looks like a big boy rooster tail.
can't wait to see it.
Diane you missed the shot of the speedo breaking the 100 mark.
If you need a land video let me know I can use Mares Video Camera ,High Def too..

Dan.

Diane was keeping an eye on the motor. I was on video duty and missed it. I was trying to keep it as steady as I could.

Dan Burger 05-20-2010 06:37 PM

All good ,I was just seeing if I could get Diane to chime in on all the progress.
I'm sure she had a nice party set up for after the test.
Chuck's boat surely will be center of attention at the poker run this weekend.

C_Spray 05-20-2010 07:10 PM

Well.....

We were lucky; the steering system must have been 75% air. It took over a gallon of ATF to get it completely bled, but: Oh, what a difference! My bad, very bad...

The drive trim pump is DEAD. Something's gone wrong with the check valves or something, so I stole a pump from one of the tabs. (The boat doesn't need those dang things anyway.)

I also made up two longer tubes for the water pickup, so that should bring us up to the recommended 25-30 psi.

A check run tomorrow AM at Blue Marsh Lake, and we're off to Smith Mountain....

R Addiction 05-20-2010 08:25 PM

I'm off at 12, home to shower and grab my $hit and I'll be at your house asap!