Lake George

Old 03-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27
No drinking
Need mufflers
No ramps
Speed limit of 45 a little past plaining speed.
Sounds like a fun place to go NOT
What a shame
If you want to drink and boat, and run loud exhaust, than its best you stay off Lake George. For everyone.

If your 27 Baja is barely on plane at 45, something is wrong with it.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
As I said before, Performance boats are NOT welcome or wanted thanks to the LGPC that caters to big $$$$ people.
THE LGPC is a basically a racketeering organization. They require you buy permits(for boats, docks, dock repairs/changes, etc) and then go around checking for permits all day. That is about all they do. They cater to nobody except there own very liberal/ big govt control mindset. You could be the richest resident with the biggest land and they will still hound you endlessly about your dock, your boat permits, whatever. They will do anything to maintain there own fleet of no-work jobs by making trying to make something out of nothing.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cocktails
Very Strong words you bet. You are from Lake George correct! You are Performance Marine correct!. Ok you set the record straight. Where do people launch 35'-45' foot boats on the east side of the lake. With Parking for Trucks&Trailers. Oh don't forget to include the name and Location of the Marina/Resort with Transient slip availability. Power would be nice. Maybe Bathrooms and showers not alot to ask for for a Lake that has 1.5 Mil. so called lots with a view.

You are Performance Marine. You must have a Launch and Transient slips yes???
If you call Performance, Jason or John or Rick will be sure to know 100% of the answers to your questions.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pismo10
THE LGPC is a basically a racketeering organization. They require you buy permits(for boats, docks, dock repairs/changes, etc) and then go around checking for permits all day. That is about all they do. They cater to nobody except there own very liberal/ big govt control mindset. You could be the richest resident with the biggest land and they will still hound you endlessly about your dock, your boat permits, whatever. They will do anything to maintain there own fleet of no-work jobs by making trying to make something out of nothing.
Well from what I heard last year, because of the number of complaints they received from lakeside home owners about the "Poker Run" the LGPC told DEC to pull the permits.
I would say that was catering to the $$$$ people.
Now this year beacuse of the outcry from the business who lost a good chunk of change late in the season with the cancelation, They're going to allow performance boats run over a 2 mile closed course the weekend of the "Queens Race"

WOW. They should button their shirts before their hearts fall out.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Club Drew
A house in East Hampton on the water is a little more than 200k go a mile in either direction how much are homes going for??Taxes on Lake George are 12k and up per year??
Huntington isn't East Hampton. About 70 miles short if I remember right.

Houses a mile or so in each directions aren't water front. Who cares what they cost. A lot less than a house on LI that is identical.

Yea, taxes on LG can be $12K. Unless you live in a shack on a postage stamp lot on LI, your taxes are worse.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Having a performace boat on a Lake with a 45 MPH speed limit is like having a hot girlfriend who doesn't put out.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Club Drew
My taxes in Huntington are 27k but lets not get into a pissing match you have your rules they don't make power boaters welcome Lake George is not Long Island end of story I wil visit but by no means with a boat or trailer or bike or motor home or?never mind I'll pass
$27K in taxes would pay the taxes on every house I've ever seen for sale on LG, except Blenheim.

We like it up here. Yea, LG has rules, but we have other lakes we can run on that don't, so we have it pretty well covered.

and we know its not LI
Old 03-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by cocktails
Very Strong words you bet. You are from Lake George correct! You are Performance Marine correct!. Ok you set the record straight. Where do people launch 35'-45' foot boats on the east side of the lake. With Parking for Trucks&Trailers. Oh don't forget to include the name and Location of the Marina/Resort with Transient slip availability. Power would be nice. Maybe Bathrooms and showers not alot to ask for for a Lake that has 1.5 Mil. so called lots with a view.

You are Performance Marine. You must have a Launch and Transient slips yes???
There plenty of places, mentioned in later posts too. The poker runs that have been held up here had from 42 Cigarettes to 35 Nor Tech cats. None of them had problems launching. Im not going to argue this point. Yes we have our own launch ramp and dock slips.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Having a performace boat on a Lake with a 45 MPH speed limit is like having a hot girlfriend who doesn't put out.
It's More like Having a Hot Girlfriend who doesn't put out and wears a Snuggie to the beach on a 90 degree day.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Well from what I heard last year, because of the number of complaints they received from lakeside home owners about the "Poker Run" the LGPC told DEC to pull the permits.
I would say that was catering to the $$$$ people.
Now this year beacuse of the outcry from the business who lost a good chunk of change late in the season with the cancelation, They're going to allow performance boats run over a 2 mile closed course the weekend of the "Queens Race"

WOW. They should button their shirts before their hearts fall out.
Nobody calls the LGPC because they would do absolutely nothing, either good or bad. They would not respond to people or businesses or whatever. They are a self-fulfilling bureaucracy that answers to nobody because they do not need to.

Last edited by Pismo10; 03-22-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.