Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake George (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/226638-lake-george.html)

Carguy08 03-22-2010 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by newfountainguy (Post 3070239)
So This Year Will Be My First Year On Lake George. I've Been Up For The Fun Run Two Years Ago And A Couple Of Weekend Here And There. How Is It? What Should A Know Before I Go? Looking Foreward To A Great Summer.

BTW.. I look forwards to hooking up with you this summer. Congrats on the new boat.

newfountainguy 03-22-2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Carguy08 (Post 3072940)
BTW.. I look forwards to hooking up with you this summer. Congrats on the new boat.

Ya...should be a fun summer. This will be the second summer with the boat, but first on LG. I was on sacandaga last year. I'll be keeping it at ficsher (dry dock).

Carguy08 03-22-2010 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by newfountainguy (Post 3072970)
Ya...should be a fun summer. This will be the second summer with the boat, but first on LG. I was on sacandaga last year. I'll be keeping it at ficsher (dry dock).

Good choice... Nickie will take good care of you.

TeamSaris 03-22-2010 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by newfountainguy (Post 3072970)

Good call, see ya on the water :drink:

TeamSaris 03-22-2010 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Carguy08 (Post 3072938)
Unlike some.... we "HILL BILLYS" have enough money to buy a trailer, gas the truck, and go to a poker run when we want.

To be 100% honest I dont want a boat ripping down the shore at wot while Im playing with my kids on the water tramp. Too many times people who dont know the lake or disrespect the lake have ruined it for others. Yes, we get alot of morons that ruin it for the whole performance community. Lets not forget this is a small lake.

You know now that I think of it I'm proud to be a "hill billy." If Lake George folks are the definition of "hill billy's" that would define a "hill billy" as a family man that lives within his means, pays cash for almost everything, works hard and plays even harder... Thats the majority of "HILL BILLY" boaters I know on Lake George.

Agreed. Respect is a two way street.

Scott B 03-23-2010 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Club Drew (Post 3072759)
My taxes in Huntington are 27k but lets not get into a pissing match you have your rules they don't make power boaters welcome Lake George is not Long Island end of story:kiss: I wil visit but by no means with a boat or trailer or bike or motor home or?never mind I'll pass:evilb:

Actually, the LG RV park is one of the nicest facilities I have been to.. I will stay there again this year when I head up. Just not sure I will bring a boat..

Some valid points here on both sides. The lake is spectacular, the scenery second to none, the docking facilities poor, the noise / police hassles not worth it. The point about speedboats ripping past the water trampoline is weak, a bayliner at 25 can be driven just as stupidly, don't be one of those folks that says only the speedboaters don't know the rules.

LG depends on tourism. No one is asking them to kiss their rosy red, but they should realize that not all boats from less restrictive places will pass their stringent, unevenly applied laws, and note that the pass is a temp one and allow a REASONABLE margin of error for a short period of time so visitors can enjoy the lake. Am I saying the guy with dry pipes and 2,985,475 hp engines and no mufflers should be allowed to run rampant? No way. But the guy who is marginally over the limit should be allowed to run his boat in a safe and responsible manner for a few days without a hassle.

FF, I pinged my buddy an email, we may take ya up on that IF he decides to bring his boat back again.. We were over by one Db according to the leo who couldn't figure out how to do the test properly..

newfountainguy 03-23-2010 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 3072987)
Good call, see ya on the water :drink:

Just wondering, is there a spec sheet on how to conduct the decible test properly?

Also, i was over to your shop last june (09). i had a small ignition issue. The switch kept flipping. You guys really went out of your way to help me get it figured out. You fixed the proplem and saved my weekend.

looking forward to this summer.

baja27 03-23-2010 08:18 AM

Zone 5 I do not have a baja, So sorry if the rules up up there blow, I guess if you are into sail boats it's all good!

newfountainguy 03-23-2010 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by baja27 (Post 3073198)
Zone 5 I do not have a baja, So sorry if the rules up up there blow, I guess if you are into sail boats it's all good!

WHAT?

TeamSaris 03-23-2010 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scott B (Post 3073118)
Actually, the LG RV park is one of the nicest facilities I have been to.. I will stay there again this year when I head up. Just not sure I will bring a boat..

Some valid points here on both sides. The lake is spectacular, the scenery second to none, the docking facilities poor, the noise / police hassles not worth it. The point about speedboats ripping past the water trampoline is weak, a bayliner at 25 can be driven just as stupidly, don't be one of those folks that says only the speedboaters don't know the rules.

LG depends on tourism. No one is asking them to kiss their rosy red, but they should realize that not all boats from less restrictive places will pass their stringent, unevenly applied laws, and note that the pass is a temp one and allow a REASONABLE margin of error for a short period of time so visitors can enjoy the lake. Am I saying the guy with dry pipes and 2,985,475 hp engines and no mufflers should be allowed to run rampant? No way. But the guy who is marginally over the limit should be allowed to run his boat in a safe and responsible manner for a few days without a hassle.

FF, I pinged my buddy an email, we may take ya up on that IF he decides to bring his boat back again.. We were over by one Db according to the leo who couldn't figure out how to do the test properly..

If you were over by that small of an amount Id bet you will pass fine.
Newfountainguy, glad we could help, We will test it for you just set up an appoitment.
Johnny