Notices

Lake George

Old 03-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake George

So This Year Will Be My First Year On Lake George. I've Been Up For The Fun Run Two Years Ago And A Couple Of Weekend Here And There. How Is It? What Should A Know Before I Go? Looking Foreward To A Great Summer.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Know this.

If your boat is loud the will give you a ticket.
If your speeding you will get a ticket.
If your drinking....well don't
They(LG Patrol) are looking to make it hard for any performance boaters.
They are trying to return it to how it was in the 19th century.
Oh yea, make sure you have your permits.

Other than that it is the most beautiful lake in the country and no place I'd rather be in the summer.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Bret covered it in a nutshell. Here are the official rules

http://www.lgpc.state.ny.us/Special_...nal_Rules.html

If you don't have mufflers, get them. through hulls will get you a ticket 90db is the limit at idle.

If you go all the way north beyond the Mother Bunch, middle of the day during the week, you can "maybe" get away with more than the 45 mph speed limit, but they have a LGPC boat out of Ti so its not as easy as it once was.

As Bret said, its a beautiful lake, and if you follow the strict rules, you have a great time.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
What Should A Know Before I Go?
Get a sailboat...
Old 03-19-2010, 03:49 PM
DM
Registered
VIP Member

When I visit beautiful Lake George I don't bring my boat. Unless I need some work done at Performance Marine in Bolton Landing, then I might ride along with them on a test drive thats about it.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LAKE GEORGE SUCKS!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
LAKE GEORGE SUCKS!!!
well jake...figured i'd get that out of you. you never have anything good to say about lake george. But knobody can truely answer the question about water level for this year. I have heard rumors about the lake being down 10 or more feet due to the bridge replasement. I guess i don't want to fork over the marina fees if i have to idle for 30 minute to get out to deeper water and then have to take the boat out of the lake in august.

Its really to bad that you hate lake george so much...it truely is the one of the cleanest, most beautiful lake in the country.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rumors about the lake level because of bridge construction are just that RUMORS. They pop up almost every year.
If the lake level is lower than normal this year it won't be because of the bridge construction, but because of the lack of normal snow pack in the watershed.
While talking to HRBRRD on an unrelated matter I asked about the bridge construction and the lake level, and was told that construction of the bridge will not interfere with normal reservoir operations, or the target lake levels agreed on in the FERC license.

As far as lake george, can you name another body of water in NYS that you have to purchase a PERMIT to use it. Hell they even put parking meters at the village docks.
High Performance Boats are not welcome or wanted. If you want to go there and pay the fees and putt around go ahead. I can have way more fun where I've been boating for the last 25 or so years.

Peace Brother
Old 03-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Registered

As far as lake george, can you name another body of water in NYS that you have to purchase a PERMIT to use it. Hell they even put parking meters at the village docks.

And this is why lake geporge is so clean. Quality cost a little extra, and i don't mind pay little bit more.

I have never had a problem on LG, with jet skis or boats.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is a beautiful lake, the villages around it rock, the heavy handed leo there sucks. If your a local, seems you can get away with whatever you want (Sting) but if your a tourist with cash in hand you are not welcome on the lake IMO.

Funny, they are exactly the opposite when I am on my scooter for Americade. Guess the amount of cash that event brings the village's overrides their desire to ticket tourists, though the CONSTANT speed traps where I see folks pulled for 3 over the limit are a bit annoying..

And yeah, I'll be up there again this year, most likely with the boat.. NBD, I can paddle away from shore b4 I start it up...

Last edited by Scott B; 03-20-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.