Notices

Lake George

Old 03-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
And this is why lake geporge is so clean. Quality cost a little extra, and i don't mind pay little bit more.

I have never had a problem on LG, with jet skis or boats.
Hey I hope you have fun on lake geporge..
Old 03-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,063 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by DM
When I visit beautiful Lake George I don't bring my boat. Unless I need some work done at Performance Marine in Bolton Landing, then I might ride along with them on a test drive thats about it.

Jake, you know better than to say that. LG is a beautiful lake, but you do need a boat that passes the 90db test. RUnning over 45 isnt a problem if you stay north and avoid the busy spots, its not as bad as a lot of people say
Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Driver-441
Racer

[QUOTE=Scott B;3070901]It is a beautiful lake, the villages around it rock, the heavy handed leo there sucks. If your a local, seems you can get away with whatever you want (Sting) QUOTE]

Very very wrong. He has put more money than my boat is worth into making all his boats legal and still gets harrassed. The literally follow him around all day.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
As far as lake george, can you name another body of water in NYS that you have to purchase a PERMIT to use it. Hell they even put parking meters at the village docks.

And this is why lake geporge is so clean. Quality cost a little extra, and i don't mind pay little bit more.

I have never had a problem on LG, with jet skis or boats.
Youll be fine then, just be smart about it, dont go blowing through bolton bay at 70, have a boat that passes (we can make it pass) and youll be fine
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2

Jake, you know better than to say that. LG is a beautiful lake, but you do need a boat that passes the 90db test. RUnning over 45 isnt a problem if you stay north and avoid the busy spots, its not as bad as a lot of people say
Hey John,
I know LG is a beauiful lake as far as scenery goes, but I and others think it's over regulated. Why should a resident of NYS who gets taxed for everything from toilet paper to whatever have to pay to use a body of water that's IN NYS. I had a run in with a rent a cop there many years ago who over exercised his questionable authority and never went back. The only time any of my boats have been on LG since is when your dad takes it out for a test run. I guess I'm just a stubborn old man who enjoys his FREEDOM.

BTW, I think Sacandaga is a beautiful lake also.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Get a sailboat...
That just made my night.......

Respect the Lake, the people and cops on it and you wont have a problem. Don't get drunk and drive. If you want to raise hell....... get a trailer and tow it somewhere else cause the patrol will break your balls. They may even bust your chops if your not messing around. If you cant handle some abuse it may not be the lake for you. I have a neutral stance because I have a performance boat.. but I love the peace and cleanliness of the lake.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

Well said..

The irony on the lake never ceases to amaze me. You can race your car, ATV, sled, or bike on the lake ice, you can have tens of thousands of motorcycles running around for Americade with incredible noise, you can have thousands of muscle cars doing burnouts all day and night during the Nationals, you can have no experience boating what so ever and rent a powerboat for you and yourr famuily (and regularly see idiots creating a danger to them and others), but run a boat that's looks fast you you will be literally followed all over the lake. It's really outrageous and an incredible waste of taxpayer money.

That being said, I'm ok with the noise restrictions, and it is the most beautiful and clean lake I've ever been on. That makes it worth the B.S. for me.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior
Well said..

The irony on the lake never ceases to amaze me. You can race your car, ATV, sled, or bike on the lake ice, you can have tens of thousands of motorcycles running around for Americade with incredible noise, you can have thousands of muscle cars doing burnouts all day and night during the Nationals, you can have no experience boating what so ever and rent a powerboat for you and yourr famuily (and regularly see idiots creating a danger to them and others), but run a boat that's looks fast you you will be literally followed all over the lake. It's really outrageous and an incredible waste of taxpayer money.
As I said before, Performance boats are NOT welcome or wanted thanks to the LGPC that caters to big $$$$ people.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the lake, don't get me wrong, but the hassles of boating on it make it a difficult choice to drag a boat 1500 miles to "enjoy" it. Perhaps if I was sure the leo on the lake actually had a clue as to how to do a proper sound check I might change my mind, but the one I witnessed was not done to NY standards.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh you mean Lake A**Holes"

Lake George, This place when in comes to Boater friendly is the worst Place in America that has water. These people up there are the biggest bunch of Asshol*s I have ever dealt with in my 25 yrs. of boating. A few years back I was trying to take my 37' Baja to Lake Asshol*s (George) for a long weekend. We had afamily Get together scheduled there. About 20 family members spending 15+K for a week at a so called resort. I just wanted to bring the Boat to take the family for some boats rides around the lake. I'll make this short it could go on forever. It took me 50 phone calls 3-4 months just to find a place willing to let me launch the boat off the trailer. I had the Chamber of Commerce and the Mayor of Lake George involved. Once I found a place, When you launched you were not allowed to tie the boat to the dock in anyway, even just for 1 minute. They said "a 37' boat would tear the docks out if the wind Picked up and could damage it"
They stated "my ropes were not allowed to even touch the dock, I had to launch and drive away". I launched the boat with me in it while my girlfriend was the expected to drive through a maze with the dually and trailer and park it up a dirt hill road with trailers everywhere and back it into a spot that would not fit a 25ft. tralier. To solve this because my lines were not allowed to touch the dock so I could go park the truck and trailer. I had to go buy gas at the gas dock and tell the attendent to pump it very slow so I could sprint back and park the trailer while my girlfriend waited with the boat. Oh by the way I got yelled at for that as well.!! Did I tell you that I pulled into Lake George at 1:30am and went to the Marina just to wait for the launch to open at 6:30am. I was going to catch a few hrs. in the truck no Big deal Right. WRONG! Mr. Policeman said I could not park there without a parking permit. Made me leave. I tried the Vacant parking lot of the supermarket, Nope he followed me there and told me can't stay there for a few hours. went into a bar, talked to the owner He let me stay in his lot for a few hrs. If I told you what it took to try and find a transient slip for 2 days. Forget it that was another 100 phone calls. I had one women tell me " We don't take kindly to you types coming up here to our Lake"

I will NEVER stay 1 minute at Lake Assho*les again not to mention spend 1 penny there. As far as Boating there they can keep there Lake. When Tourism there drops I will tell them to Drink there Holy water (the Lake) that should solve all there problems. They are right Boaters don't spend any money! Sorry for the long story I could go on forever about the rest of the issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.