Notices

Lake George

Old 03-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Taxes are ridiculous on LG. All to pay for the endless welfare.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, how did I miss this thread the last 2 days! Most of what has been said is true. Of the last 3 times I have been on the lake, I have been kicked off with a ticket for noise 5 times. Once in my 22 Scarab,another with my 28 AT and once on my brothers 29 Fountain. My parents have an awesome vacation house 5 miles down the road in Lake Vanare/Lake Luzerne and I dont even use it in the summer due to the boating laws. I will not use my boat on the lake unless it is for a poker run that has the noise exemption. The guys giving out the tickets are...well, I'm not even going to go there...
Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
There plenty of places, mentioned in later posts too. The poker runs that have been held up here had from 42 Cigarettes to 35 Nor Tech cats. None of them had problems launching. Im not going to argue this point. Yes we have our own launch ramp and dock slips.
I'm not sure of the Locations of the Place's mentioned,maybe they are on the west side up north. The guys at Performance maybe good guys. I guarantee you I called performance because I called everyone. Just for kicks I pulled my cell phone records. I made 38 different calls in one afternoon to ask about lauches and Slip availability. This was just one day. Every Marina for sure as well as resorts, B&B's I got the names off that may have had slips with the rental of a cottage. None would accomodate a 37' boat. I had one lady said she had a place to tie the boat up to. No Power,no water, no bathrooms etc. she wanted $225.00 per night that was just for the boat. I didn't get a room with that.

The bottom line for me is I spent 6 Hrs. Trailering pull into LG at 1am and from the moment I get there I got hassled by the Police for parking at the Boat launch then In a Vacant lot. Then the Speed limit, the permits, the people it wasn't worth it.
Oh I forgot to mention I left a day early I paid for 3 days truck and Trailer parking $22/per day. I asked for my refund for the last day I didn't stay. There Policy no refunds on Parking due to Mechanical breakdown or Bad weather. When I left the Boat was running perfect and it was sunny and 82 degrees. Did I get my refund NO just another hassle on the way out. I sent a copy of the refund Policy to the Chamber and Mayor. It shows how LG treats the tourists. I'm not the only one. End of story.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered

Ok the lgpc sounds like the German S S that thay teach you about in highschool histroy class . We sure are glad we dont have people like that on lake champlaine
Old 03-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Unlike some.... we "HILL BILLYS" have enough money to buy a trailer, gas the truck, and go to a poker run when we want.

To be 100% honest I dont want a boat ripping down the shore at wot while Im playing with my kids on the water tramp. Too many times people who dont know the lake or disrespect the lake have ruined it for others. Yes, we get alot of morons that ruin it for the whole performance community. Lets not forget this is a small lake.

You know now that I think of it I'm proud to be a "hill billy." If Lake George folks are the definition of "hill billy's" that would define a "hill billy" as a family man that lives within his means, pays cash for almost everything, works hard and plays even harder... Thats the majority of "HILL BILLY" boaters I know on Lake George.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
So This Year Will Be My First Year On Lake George. I've Been Up For The Fun Run Two Years Ago And A Couple Of Weekend Here And There. How Is It? What Should A Know Before I Go? Looking Foreward To A Great Summer.
BTW.. I look forwards to hooking up with you this summer. Congrats on the new boat.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Carguy08
BTW.. I look forwards to hooking up with you this summer. Congrats on the new boat.
Ya...should be a fun summer. This will be the second summer with the boat, but first on LG. I was on sacandaga last year. I'll be keeping it at ficsher (dry dock).
Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Ya...should be a fun summer. This will be the second summer with the boat, but first on LG. I was on sacandaga last year. I'll be keeping it at ficsher (dry dock).

Good choice... Nickie will take good care of you.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Good call, see ya on the water
Old 03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Carguy08
Unlike some.... we "HILL BILLYS" have enough money to buy a trailer, gas the truck, and go to a poker run when we want.

To be 100% honest I dont want a boat ripping down the shore at wot while Im playing with my kids on the water tramp. Too many times people who dont know the lake or disrespect the lake have ruined it for others. Yes, we get alot of morons that ruin it for the whole performance community. Lets not forget this is a small lake.

You know now that I think of it I'm proud to be a "hill billy." If Lake George folks are the definition of "hill billy's" that would define a "hill billy" as a family man that lives within his means, pays cash for almost everything, works hard and plays even harder... Thats the majority of "HILL BILLY" boaters I know on Lake George.
Agreed. Respect is a two way street.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.