If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Indianapolis aera

Any one from the board boat around Indy. Will probably be in the aera after LOTO meomorial day. Hope to visit my brother on my way home. Also what events are scheduled for mem weekend and the following week.

Member #154 Platinum Member Indy's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Missing my PowerPlay
    SW CT & Long Island Sound
    One of the members, Mr. Offshore is from that area. I haven't seen him post lately. ScottR is also from the area and runs a pretty mean Fountain. Maybe they'll check in with you.

My Boats:
    85 Formula 302
    Indy, St. Louis, LOTO
    Indy does not have a lot of boatable water. Lake Monroe is roughly an hour south near Bloomington, but following LOTO you will find it quite small. Lake Michigan is 3+ hours North, and the Ohio river is 2+ hours South. Many boat on it from Louisville to Cin. OH, though there are locks. Brookville is roughly an hour + East, and I hear it is nice, though don't know if that is true.

Indy's got a lot going for it, and you should enjoy your visit, but boating is not it's main focus.

As for activities, the Indy 500.

Indianapolis area

Lake Monroe is your best bet. There will be a lot going on during the weekend of the Race, Memorial day weekend. If the weather is good it will be packed in a couple of different area's on the lake and during the evening at the bar on the water. Yes bar, singular, only one on the water but pretty nice. Lots of dock party's etc. Let me know if your coming, I'll be there as long as there is no frost on the ground.....I live just west of Indianapolis...........

Platinum Member
    finney, we have too many boaters for the amount of water in this state!!lake monroe is extremely rough on a holiday week-end. you will find a lot of us boat out of state yearound . i wish i didn't have to drive 4 hours to lake cumberland, but it is worth it!!!!hope you have a good visit!!!!!!!! BILL

Wasn't sure if you were going to be in Indy over the 500 weekend. We are on Geist Lake if you need a place to tie it up over the weekend. FYI.. Geist is a small lake on Indy's northeast side. Monroe is an excellent place to boat and Brookville isn't too bad either. The river, Lake Michigan and Cumberland are fabulous and each is a separate adventure with different advantages. Really depends on how much family visit time vs boating time you will have. Drop me a note if I can help.

[email protected]

PS - I think Mr. Offshore's email is: [email protected]

PSS - Indy, I will let you know when I head East.
    Would love to finally get a look at your Nordic.