Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks? >

Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks?

Notices

Why does Baja get such a bad wrap from some folks?

Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Honestly it doesn't matter what brand boat someone has. Its more important to just be out on the water and enjoying yourself. I've got buddies with 1980's bowriders, newer 18' regal open bows, etc and they have just as much fun as any of us. I can admire a nice boat but i don't get jealous. Seeing all the repoed boats on the market makes me laugh cause i paid cash for mine instead of making payments on a $200k boat. Also some of us are trailer boaters and hauling around a 44' MTI every weekend would be a pain in the ass lol
Old 03-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff
Bring your 24 OL to LOTO over the 4th of July weekend and see how you do. You cannot span the waves in a 24 OL.
I had a 24 OL. My 28 Pantera would put the 24 OL to shame in rough water and my 32 AT makes the 24 OL feel like a toy.
A 35 isn't enough for the lake on the Fourth!!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered

I've owned two of them. I really like the looks of the Outlaws, to me they have some of the best lines a powerboat could have. I have lots of friends that own them as well. I never understood why anybody thinks Baja owners have attitudes. But I guess when you read a post like Airtimes I can see where it comes from. It is a shame that the Baja line became more worried about blinging up the boat than getting them built right. I bought my second one thinking it would handle rough water better, boy was I wrong. You better keep tools in one of you're running rough water.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

I own a Fountain. If I hear anyone talking down about it or other brands I tell them to " show me what they have" as many critics are boatless.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When it is all said and done, you have to like your brand of boat but you must also be able to afford it. Baja originally did a great job at building a good boat for the money at an affordable price point. I bought 2 brand new ones in the mid to late 90's and enjoyed both of them. There definitely were some quality issues that irritated me but I got what I paid for. I will also say that I have ridden in about every boat manuf out there and they all have their corks about them. Remember, we all do what we have to in order to get on the water. I hope they continue to focus on the performance of the boat and some of the quality issues with the behind the scenes (I had a lot of problems with wiring, fuses, dash panels, interior cabin cracking, etc). On the surface as stated, they have nice lines and sport good stock power. I hope the prices get back in line with where a production boat like this should be, but that probably goes for all the manufacturers.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I own both a Fountain and a Baja. Can I play in this game?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im glad to see everyone is having fun with this thread.
Just remember we are all boaters and and love the
sport of boating or we wouldnt be putting all our hard
earned money into a day of fun. I personly take pride
in what I own, and when or if I can find a better product
for the dollar I would buy it, but for the past 27yrs its been
Baja for me.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Registered

i like all kinks of boats you get wt you pay for . and some boats are made a little better ,but you are paying more for it !!!!! NOW attitudes IS A FUNNY THING . i having my lunch and this guy said to his buddy baja are junk . and his boat the greatest it does 80mph then the guy with the baja started with him and say his boat will beat him . both guys were lieing about there speed thats funny like to little kids .i race both those boats they did 66mph on gps one boat was 27fountain the other was 29baja both boat were nice. . i like my baja .but the bad thing they dont make parts after 5 years . same thing with formula i have a 26 ft nice boat i had to custom make doors . you beat any boat and run in rough water somthing is going to break or come lose thats boating happy boating have fun not hate
Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will say this that I have never seen a more loyal
group of boaters then the baja owners, good, bad,
or other wise and I commend them for it.
If I owned a boat company those are the costomers
Id want.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not read much of this nor do I care to. One reason I love my Baja is that it is looked at as an under dog. Can I afford a "Higher end" boat? Yes. Do I want one? NO. My engine builder tells me all the time to buy a faster boat. I tell him that having a boat that isn't supposed to be fast and making fast is more fun than having a boat that is supposed to be fast. That is just me and I love boating and 90% of the boaters I meet no matter what boat they own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.