Notices

Info on Tilt trailers

Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I am posting this for a friend.

Paul lugo has been in the auto transport manufacturing business for the last 30 years and has forgotten more about hydraulic pumps and engineering than the other trailer mfg have knowledge of combined. Peter makes a very nice trailer but Lugo's is you could say over engineered. I have personally towed Gary's trailer coast to coast and have towed a myco tilt that would not get closer than 11 ft. (danger zone).
I towed the american tilt for golddigger and the american tilt for my way. All of them have the problem of the weight not being balanced from right to left with the trailer in the tilt posittion. Lugo is the only Mfg to be able to slide the cradle to let the boat drop between the axels to lower the overall height. Up to 12ft wide you can get down to 13'6. but over that you will fight it. I have done business with Lugo for years in the auto business and yes he is not cheap but if you are spending high dollar for a new cat, don't go cheap on the trailer. Lets all remember you get what you pay for
Old 03-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Nice video from Lugo....I do believe this is Gary's trailer....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRuZ1UJ0eo[/YOUTUBE]

Their website also has some good pics....

http://www.lugomfg.com/galleries.php

Last edited by thisistank; 03-03-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
The 46 tilt you are refering to was over budget but Lugo stepped up and absorbed it.The tire "RUMOR' is untrue.This trailer has had tons of extras added to the original quote like gas tanks ,generator,water wash down tanks,led lighting,larger storage ect.The owner has been unreachable for 6 months at a time and quite frankly was not in a hurry.Ask Skater how long the boat has sat at their shop (started in 2006).The owner takes a long time to make decisions and that is okay because he wants it perfect.The trailer is now complete and should be leaving this next week or when ever the owner sends a truck to pick it up.I have seen it and it truly is a work of art -no other one like it.
The customer paid for the freight to have the trailer delivered to skater and now Lugar says he cannot afford to do that. The tire rumor is true. The problem has been with Lugar as the trailer has sat waiting due to lugo three business moves and he spent the customers money on other people's trailer so the customer had to wait until new customers orders. Coolaide
Old 03-03-2013, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
The customer paid for the freight to have the trailer delivered to skater and now Lugar says he cannot afford to do that. The tire rumor is true. The problem has been with Lugar as the trailer has sat waiting due to lugo three business moves and he spent the customers money on other people's trailer so the customer had to wait until new customers orders. Coolaide
Who is "LUGAR". Your version is so far from the truth-
Old 03-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

The Lugo really has some nice features.

Notice how the cradle elevates and descends hydraulically
that's the ticket.
I look forward to seeing the 46 unit.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My 40ss is 11'10 wide.With the lugo slide feature,i am 13'2 tall..He can definatly get a 12 wide boat under 13'6.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Nice video from Lugo....I do believe this is Gary's trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRuZ1UJ0eo

Their website also has some good pics....

http://www.lugomfg.com/galleries.php

Nice video Tank. Very cool trailer, for sure! I remember looking at it on Display at DS two or three years ago w/o the boat on it, at the Street Fair..Very cool, for sure!

The ZR48 trailer is also another sweet looking Lugo!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

again from a friend

Boat less you are clueless. Paul Lugo AKA Lugo Mfg has only moved one time since starting on boat trailers. He moved one block north on the SAME STREET just to a smaller shop.
I have been in the shop watching this trailer get built and Gary Smith is 100% right. The trailer is 99% done and he the customer was in no rush to have it finished. Paul has built multible trailers for DCB and they keep ordering so he must be doing something right. Look at the quality when a trailer comes out of American Trailer. It is built in a chicken house and you can see how poorly the rigging is after the steel is welded together. Yes it works but the finished quality is poor. The paint looks like it is mixed with sandpaper and when you look inside the front box with the hydraulic pump there are wires and hoses laying everywhere. When you look inside of a lugo trailer box it looks like it was rigged by skater or cigarette. And last Lugo is the only tilt trailer Mfg to figure out how to fit a 12 wide boat down low by using a movable cradle. No one else does that. Boat Less you critisize Lugo's business yet you most likely have never even towed a tilt trailer or operated one to know how that they work or don't work correctly.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:30 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
again from a friend

Boat less you are clueless. Paul Lugo AKA Lugo Mfg has only moved one time since starting on boat trailers. He moved one block north on the SAME STREET just to a smaller shop.
I have been in the shop watching this trailer get built and Gary Smith is 100% right. The trailer is 99% done and he the customer was in no rush to have it finished. Paul has built multible trailers for DCB and they keep ordering so he must be doing something right. Look at the quality when a trailer comes out of American Trailer. It is built in a chicken house and you can see how poorly the rigging is after the steel is welded together. Yes it works but the finished quality is poor. The paint looks like it is mixed with sandpaper and when you look inside the front box with the hydraulic pump there are wires and hoses laying everywhere. When you look inside of a lugo trailer box it looks like it was rigged by skater or cigarette. And last Lugo is the only tilt trailer Mfg to figure out how to fit a 12 wide boat down low by using a movable cradle. No one else does that. Boat Less you critisize Lugo's business yet you most likely have never even towed a tilt trailer or operated one to know how that they work or don't work correctly.
I agree- I believe Gary, he's a friend and a stand up guy!! I've helped him out many times and have spent time around Adam Lugo, and he is nothing but class and bends over backwards for his customers, he has done so for Gary. And I've operated Gary's trailer and it is off the charts awesome, and the way the boat slides down in between the wheel wells is bad a$$!