If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    2011-43 Nor-Tech 1025's
    Long Island, NY
    All great answers...thank you

The 1025 sounds like the way to go for me...i called Terry to see the availability

I believe the 1300 wont be available till July...

Thanks for helping me out with all of your opinions!!

My Boats:
    98 NORTECH 5000V
    Stafford Va.
    If you go with the 1075's at rebuild time I was talking to Eddie Young he says he can get 1150-1180 hp and work with Whipple on a remap for 89 oct.

My Boats:
    21' Revolution 09' (Name Revolution Racing)
    Mate if those 1300's have a 300hr rebuild interval id wait till july! The extra up front cost is worth it to not have the engines out of the boat all the time.
    Is that rebuild time what mercury are recommending? Thats unbelievable! Whats the rebuild interval on a 1075?
    I used to build/tune/maintain twin turbo engines here in Australia and something making 1300hp plus would need stripping every 10-18hrs (depending whether flat tappet or roller cam). So 300 hrs would save you a bucket load of headaches.

wait for the 1300's,, the 850's and 1075's are being phased out, for the reliability and resale the turbo's are unbeatable, but high $ at 204k/ side with drive

Arlington Tx
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
    Hey Boyzzz and gals....

If money was no object which motors would you buy? They will be put in a 43 Nor-Tech V-bottom. I need to make a decision and i'm torn...Any advise would be helpful..

I think Tommy charges less than $90k for his 1200 twin turbos. Much quieter motors than Mercs and his cam profiles are almost like a 525. That means longer times between teardowns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123