Notices

fountain windshield

Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its going to look cool...can't wait to see it.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Registered

Any results yet, I took mine off and snapped a side panel in the process (after it was 100% off). Got a new one made and currently at the body shop. Fountain said it was an Imron 555U but since mine is 20 years old I had them mix it to match. I'll see in a few days I hope. Was quoted just over $200 and a few days.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Registered

mine are off, and I'm waiting to see what these look like, before I take to shop, are you guys using stainless scews and retainers when you put them back or painting the ones you have I'm leaning toward stainless
Old 05-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did get the windshield back and am really happy with it. I have not been able to put it back on yet because i dont have all the hardware. All i need is new rubber washers. I hope to have it put back on by this weekend. I will post pictures when it is put back together.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Potomac Fever
mine are off, and I'm waiting to see what these look like, before I take to shop, are you guys using stainless scews and retainers when you put them back or painting the ones you have I'm leaning toward stainless
Stainless for sure.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered

any pics yet? would you be willing to give a ball park idea of what your expense was to have it done? (For comparison) someone above, said just above $200, I haven't got a quote that inexpensive.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered

I have not been able to get enough people to help me put it on yet. I dont want to take a chance of scratching or dropping the windshield. I hope to have it put on by Sunday. As soon as i get it put on i will post pictures.

The paint looks awesome. I will have around $700 total invested in the windshield and hardware.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
I have not been able to get enough people to help me put it on yet. I dont want to take a chance of scratching or dropping the windshield. I hope to have it put on by Sunday. As soon as i get it put on i will post pictures.

The paint looks awesome. I will have around $700 total invested in the windshield and hardware.
Where did you get your hardware? I want to replace mine with stainless as well (Still haven't gotten it back) and are you putting it on as a whole or in sections?

And what paint code did you end up with? I don't have mine yet but they said it was a fleet color.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Registered

Pro,
I got some of the hardware from True value Hardware, and some from a local upholstery shop. My rubber grometts are in great shape so they are being reused. I hope to have mine done this week, Maybe.. and as far as money spent, I'm going to be where the above post is
Old 05-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
Where did you get your hardware? I want to replace mine with stainless as well (Still haven't gotten it back) and are you putting it on as a whole or in sections?

And what paint code did you end up with? I don't have mine yet but they said it was a fleet color.
I had to look at a few different places for my hardware. I boughts some from Home Depot, Lowes, KOI auto parts, and Fasten-all.

I ended up putting the front windshield on with the side corners peices first then put the sides on.

Here are a few pictures from late last night. I still need to silicone around the windshield to make it look better but ran out of time last night. I was also 2 screws short so need to buy 2 more. (I guess i counted wrong) Let me know what you think. I also think it will look better when i get it out in the sun light and not in a garage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.