Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Powerboat P1 World Championship is FINISHED AND CANCELLED FOR 2010 !!!!!!!! >

Powerboat P1 World Championship is FINISHED AND CANCELLED FOR 2010 !!!!!!!!

Notices

Powerboat P1 World Championship is FINISHED AND CANCELLED FOR 2010 !!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Nice info!
Uuuuhhhh, mmmmmm, eeerrrrrr, how should I put this??? Ah, here goes: Have Mr. Rangoonwala call me before he wastes, I mean, spends even more money over here only to end up in the same place.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Sad for P-1 Racing Sad for Performance Boating!

Very sad day for this organization and its racers.
They put forth an extrodinary effort and a very professional image and events to be rivaled by none in some fantastic worldwide locatioins.

The bottom line here for this organization and here in the US with similar programs is MONEY! It takes a great deal to underwirite these organizations and event and the only real media that can pay for and sustain these type of programs is TELEVISION , its groups of media promoters., and advertising sponsors!
As we know televising a great large venue boat race is difficult, expensive and almost impossible to get large viewership to follow and get excited about unless they are performance boat enthusiasts themselves.
As this release states quite clearly its time to get back to "Grass Roots" type performance boat racing events and right here in the good ol USA is the best place.
Lets face it, performance boat racing is never going to secure the support and investment of large televisors like the big networks or even the smaller networks like SPEEDVISION, VERSUS, etc. unless an exciting boat racing platform with awesome video, sound and scene production that goes with it.

My message here is the same as always:

Get all the performance boat racing groups to unify again under a strong viable, cooperative, honest, hard working, sharp national or international organization and promotion association.
The current economy is certainly difficult, however even when our economy was humm'in along strongly, the fractional conflicts, dishonesty, petty bickering and selfishness destroyed a racing sport that was quite marketable and viable.

Even though some of the replacement and new startup racing groups did offer some replacement for the missing national program, they could not put together enough national and international participation and coverage to make the performance boat racing programs grow and receive resoanble sponsorship and media economic support.

I hope our industry and sport can move back to a successful place where this type of racing can again enjoy larger loyal viwership support and the teams and sponsors making the huge investments in the boat racing sport can again see some worth in their efforts!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Uuuuhhhh, mmmmmm, eeerrrrrr, how should I put this??? Ah, here goes: Have Mr. Rangoonwala call me before he wastes, I mean, spends even more money over here only to end up in the same place.
Someone has him convinced, we are rolling in Money over hear. Sad news, for P1.
ON another note....we are rock solid. Anyone want to race, give me a call. Smitty 732 920 3945
Old 04-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If ever there was a time for ALL the sanctioning bodies to drop their weapons and unite, this is it. Don't let this chance slide by.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

about as shocking as ricky martin coming out of the closet
Old 04-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Someone has him convinced, we are rolling in Money over hear. Sad news, for P1.
ON another note....we are rock solid. Anyone want to race, give me a call. Smitty 732 920 3945
And now, according to a source on the other website (SERIOUSly, I am not kidding) there is another dupe supposedly coming in to take his place. As I have done for others when asked, I will give my honest opinions and perspectives on such matters. Smitty, you can comment on whether my advice and counsel has any value.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
If ever there was a time for ALL the sanctioning bodies to drop their weapons and unite, this is it. Don't let this chance slide by.
Thats too easy..........
Old 04-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMORdude
Thats too easy..........
Maybe Tony George can step up and sort this out. He did such a bang-up job with IndyCar racing that he's got nothing to do now...

Even he couldn't possibly do worse that the guys that have been "in charge" for the last decade. (Except for Smitty.)
Old 04-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Maybe Tony George can step up and sort this out. He did such a bang-up job with IndyCar racing that he's got nothing to do now...

Even he couldn't possibly do worse that the guys that have been "in charge" for the last decade. (Except for Smitty.)
lmao.....and maybe we could get ed carpenter to wheel a super v!!