Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Got back my rough draft graphics..what you think? >

Got back my rough draft graphics..what you think?

Notices

Got back my rough draft graphics..what you think?

Old 04-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Got back my rough draft graphics..what you think?

I was just trying to add something simple back to the boat to get me by until I paint her. The boat has nothing on it now. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Got back my rough draft graphics..what you think?-sonic-lettering.jpg  
Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

the carbon fiber ones look good with the yellow, i like those.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the black one. #3
Old 04-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

The stripe through the Sonic name should be the same color as the background.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
the carbon fiber ones look good with the yellow, i like those.
x1
Old 04-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't have anything where the proposed "SONIC" sticker is going to go correct?

If that is the case I would consider doing a larger graphic and covering the whole far rear decal. IMO that far aft yellow fan looks dated, if you covered that up with a checker pattern that incorporated the carbon fiber "SONIC" decal that you're looking into I think you'd notice a MUCH bigger improvement in the appearance of your boat, and I don't think it would cost more than a couple of hundred bux per side.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

No there is no decal. Previous owner scuffed it up and never reapinted it. I beleive I like the carbon with yellow also. Guy is comign today to match his vinyl to my paint colors so it looks like a custom paint job. WJB21NDTOWN I am a little lost on how to do a larger decal with that swoop. That was my opriginal idea but with water lines and things I would lose the decal in the water. In the factory location where it is now you can see it while running also. Should have this done and installed today along with the new carpet. P.S. He is also doing my registration numbers in a similar fashion.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Great looking boat-
Have you considered changing the existing graphic colors? Maybe something in the gray or charcoal family that would still work with the yellows on your interior? I'm not putting down the yellows as my tub is white with yellow and charcoal. Just thought you might want to change the look of the boat as you have put a lot of work into it.
Your painting friend probably has a couple hundred ideas

RB
Old 04-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
No there is no decal. Previous owner scuffed it up and never reapinted it. I beleive I like the carbon with yellow also. Guy is comign today to match his vinyl to my paint colors so it looks like a custom paint job. WJB21NDTOWN I am a little lost on how to do a larger decal with that swoop. That was my opriginal idea but with water lines and things I would lose the decal in the water. In the factory location where it is now you can see it while running also. Should have this done and installed today along with the new carpet. P.S. He is also doing my registration numbers in a similar fashion.
If you want to, PM me your email and I'll send you what I was thinking. I can't upload pics on here, and for some reason image shack and photobucket can't seem to upload pics through Mozilla, and that's the only browser that currently works on my computer.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Registered

Little late for changes..... graphics were laid about an hour ago. I will upload pics tomorrow when we have some sunlite. They look awesome! As far as changing my color scheme goess......Everything else on it is paint, yellow tripes and all. So when I do change it I will be repainting the WHOLE boat and interior. This project is in the back of my mind. I learned the hard way to make sure mechanicals work first because it doesn;lt matter how cool of a paint job you have if the motors are blown and its sitting in the gargage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.