Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Goggles, sunglasses, or... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/22785-goggles-sunglasses.html)

jbrauer 04-22-2002 08:33 PM

Goggles, sunglasses, or...

Okay, everyone talks about how fast they go in their boat. My question is how do you see when your going that fast? I know my eyes tear bad anytime above about 45 or 50MPH. I recently bought some Guard Dogs . I've had them up 95MPH with "No More Tears". My wife says they look pretty big, but at least I can see.

What have you found that works or doesn't work??

By the way, we all know "Just get a boat with canopies..."!!:D

26scarab 04-22-2002 08:44 PM

I'm a contact lense wearer so I have plenty of problems being in a boat at speed.
I bought a couple of pairs of goggles out of the Gaffrig catalog, they were cheap and work good. I have a tinted pair and a yellow pair (for night)

THE BULL 04-22-2002 09:19 PM

can you wear these over perscription glasses??

cobra marty 04-22-2002 09:22 PM

I have a pair of water sport goggles from BJ's $15 and they work pretty well. I did have to punch a few holes with a hole puncher so they dodn't fog. Those guard dogs look good. I think I'll order a pair and try. Thanks.

hirschy77 04-22-2002 09:44 PM

After trying glasses and goggles, when I rode my harley, I finally found the perfect pair, they work great for high speed boating also. They are the oakley baseball fitted sunglasses. They cover every part of the eye ,and are lightly amber tinted for evenings and nights. Believe me I literally tried 25 pair before I found these.I hope this helps.

R Addiction 04-23-2002 12:02 AM

I use the Gaurd Dogs, have three pair. Talk about service.....I called out the left coast and asked if they had te floating leashes. They were in the middle of moving to a new building and said that they would check when they got organized. Weeks went by and I didn't think about it, It's winter time, then I got an e-mail from them saying they found 3 leashes. I thought that they forgot !!!!!! Now it's finally time to use them. Good stuff , Good people, and they work great too!!!:cool:

puder 04-23-2002 12:59 AM

i am a contact wearer too. I usually wear oakleys and i am ok. They are wrap aroudn though. Not the big goofey early 1990s ones but the newer ones that cover your eye. They seem to keep most of the wind out. ON my motocyle i wear them too and are fine with the visor up. I much prefer them to riding with the visor down. I have so far tested them upto about 90-100 (not plannign on testing at higher speeds either)

jbrauer 04-23-2002 07:19 AM

Bull - You can oder them with prescriptive lenses I think. I put a link to their site on the opening post in this thread. You may want to check that out, then call them.

Jana 04-23-2002 08:16 AM

I've had problems with my contacts too. I found a pair of $15 goggles at the boat show that work great. Don't know the brand, but they're not much bigger than Oakley-type sunglasses. I've seen motorcycle guys with them too.

Miami 04-23-2002 08:21 AM

Good thread ! Which model of Guard Dogs are we talking about? Regular glasses ( which model ) or the Commander gogles? Thanks in advance

Paul