Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits SV 28 Feedback (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/227913-outerlimits-sv-28-feedback.html)

Mastercraft240 04-07-2010 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3083035)
it's a 28' boat which means that you need to be somewhat competitive with price/options/power/drive(s). If you start mucking up the power/drive package people will just gravitate to a bigger boat because they'll be in that price range anyway.

For a normal boat builder, I'd have to agree with you. BUT, I think in Outerlimits case the price is not as big as an issue as it would be with comparable 28-30 footers. I would just expect that someone buying a 28 outerlimits probably already has one, which is obviously within the 37-52ft range. The 28 would be a great boat for these owners that get home from work, take the cover off and go for a quick ride. Easy to launch, clean, flush and trailer for one person.

DisturbedVelo22 04-07-2010 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse (Post 3083062)
The 700 would deffinately be optional, the target price of 150k would be based on 525's or the Ls package.

Will you take a house on trade? It will come with a very angry wife, no extra charge!

ILMORdude 04-07-2010 10:43 PM

my power choice would be obvious

pm203 04-08-2010 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by ILMORdude (Post 3083121)
my power choice would be obvious

Zul 700 ? :D

Indy 04-08-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3083087)
For a normal boat builder, I'd have to agree with you. BUT, I think in Outerlimits case the price is not as big as an issue as it would be with comparable 28-30 footers. I would just expect that someone buying a 28 outerlimits probably already has one, which is obviously within the 37-52ft range. The 28 would be a great boat for these owners that get home from work, take the cover off and go for a quick ride. Easy to launch, clean, flush and trailer for one person.

It's possible but you have to admit they'd be killing a segment of the population that could afford a boat like this with fancy power. They're in the business to sell these things and make a profit, I'd sure hate to limit my buyer pool if I were them.

In the end it's going to be personal choice anyway, most of these will be ordered so I'm not sure how relevant the power equation is. Just as long as there's flexibility with the owners desires will be the key issue.

I know that after owning single and twin engine boats I'd never go back to a single engine boat again that's why I made the twin comment earlier.

animalhouse 04-08-2010 03:18 PM

Keep the feedback coming. I will post another poll about the cabin / no cabin debate. If cabin, what type of ammenities would be preferable.

MahopacMarine 04-08-2010 03:42 PM

Great post AH!!!

Stormrider 04-08-2010 03:59 PM

Offer twins and keep it custom... what the customer wants, he gets.
Chit... its an OL... custom is what its all about.

RE twins: only offer it if the boat is set up for it, ie: COG and balance. (btw, i'd only offer twin sbc, bbc will be too much weight/size).

animalhouse 04-08-2010 04:05 PM

The main reason for the poll is that we are anticipating the boat to run low 90's with a 525, but for the price of a 525 / XR package, the boat is anticipated 100+ with the Whipplecharged LS package. Keep the feedback coming.

cowisl 04-08-2010 04:22 PM

I would love to see a 525 NXT package or Ilmor's variation, but the whole point is to keep the boat reasonable. Therefore, a 525/XR version would be my vote. As for a small cabin, i would do it like the 37' gtx. Two small benches and a cooler and you are set.