Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits SV 28 Feedback (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/227913-outerlimits-sv-28-feedback.html)

ThoroughHustler 04-08-2010 04:31 PM

a v berth would be nice with some small benches a place to stick a cooler would be optimal

Bostonirish 04-08-2010 04:43 PM

I think that the fact that you guys are introducing new models in these economic times is a sign of outerlimits ability to stay on top. I realize there are other companys doing the same but my hats are off to them as well. great looking boat! Goodluck with it

letterrip 04-08-2010 04:45 PM

...Love the twin small block idea. Light and fast, reliable and no need for Sea Tow!

GRH 04-08-2010 05:05 PM

Stand up bolsters or sit down comfort with leg room?

TexomaPowerboater 04-08-2010 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I see it has a fancy smancy hatch. Atleast have an optional standard hatch with cushions so the average family is not stuck inside the cockpit like a prison when parked.

Also needs to have an option for twin BIG BLOCK engines.

IMO it should be setup as a family boat. Lets be real, if someone wants to buy a 90+mph boat, most are going to want something bigger than 30ft.

Deck looks just like the Apache rebel

Jassman 04-08-2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse (Post 3083539)
The main reason for the poll is that we are anticipating the boat to run low 90's with a 525, but for the price of a 525 / XR package, the boat is anticipated 100+ with the Whipplecharged LS package. Keep the feedback coming.

That is the way I voted.. But I prefer twins, possibly small blocks, higher reving ..... with the asd-7's.. Candy Apple Red, black, pearl white and silver accents..and my cockpit White carbon fiber with red and black carbon fiber accents..Myco trailer...and hurry up cause I want to go boating this year....by June 1st..:grinser010:..Good looking design..

animalhouse 04-08-2010 06:01 PM

The option for twin bigblocks is self defeating. Per the previous post "if somebody us going to by a 90+ mph boat, they are probably going to buy a bigger boat". This boat will go 90 + with a single 525, there is no need for twin big blocks, that would defeat the purpose of a well balanced, affordable boat.

JasonSmith 04-08-2010 06:32 PM

I would like to see the LSA small block or a 525 & an Arneson or a Ilmore/Indy package.
Bravo's are just too easy to break.

MANITIE 04-08-2010 06:53 PM

With a 28' boat I would go with the Ilmor 650 and Indy Drive,
The 525 and NXT drive would be the reliable package and not have to worrie about the XR...
But the weight of the Ilmor and Indy drive will save you over 400 lbs and you would get more HP and have a bullet proof package also...not to mention the bad A$$ sound of the V10....

Very interested it that...

pm203 04-08-2010 07:50 PM

My first boat was a Donzi Z-25 with a single 454 Mag. It was a great boat. I think sticking with a single motor is the way to go. Absolutley make room for a sunpad.