Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits SV 28 Feedback (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/227913-outerlimits-sv-28-feedback.html)

Stormrider 04-09-2010 09:22 AM

Oh Tex...

animalhouse 04-09-2010 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 3083957)
IMO if it doesn't have twins, its not an offshore boat.

Twin big blocks don't weigh that much more than twin small blocks. If it can't handle the extra weight of twins, then its an inferior hull design. Phuckin A, even the 29 baja's had the option for twins. Fountain has option for 29 with twins, and now a 33. Cigs mystique has twins. These big single engine boats are harder on motors, kill outdrives, and are a dog out of the hole.

The boat will handle any power that could be put in it. The fact that it doesn't need that power and it defeats the purpose of having a fast and affordable boat is what we are looking for. It has nothing to do with hull design.

Thefact that Baja, Fountain & Cig offer twins in their 28-30 foot offerings is great, they are optional. But the reason behind it is they need that power to achieve the speeds that can be reached with a single engine boat when combined with an efficient hull design.

If you want one with twin big blocks, come on down and bring a check. Anything can be built. The purpose of this thread and poll is to determine what a good starting point would be for a BASE boat.

But your opinion is a valid one, and your feedback is appreciated. However, that will be kept in mind for Optional Power.

Uncle Dave 04-09-2010 10:12 AM

So... lets see the boat, and the options list of what you get for the money.

Time to show more than an artists rendering - weve been looking at that pict a while now. It obviously missed the Miami show.

There are lots of really strong players in this space.

Uncle Dave

animalhouse 04-09-2010 10:24 AM

UD,

We are developing the options list and standard equipment now. I will update once all in completed.

Jassman 04-09-2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by animalhouse (Post 3084005)
UD,

We are developing the options list and standard equipment now. I will update once all in completed.

I understand what ya'll are trying to do..as a base model..I prefer twins myself..Here's another possible alternative.. Twin Merc 350 4 strokes..what ya think.. Jeff

Aqua Banshee 04-09-2010 10:53 AM

Cool boat, but I don't see it running 90+ with a 525 bravo. If it does its a runner. I would guess closer to 85 maybe 88 on a perfect day/setup.

baja27 04-09-2010 11:20 AM

If you want to sell many of them, Need to keep selling price down,make the profit in quantity. 525 with bravo package, Make it very user friendly easy to get out and in of.Swim platform, storage and portable toilet. Make it a family speedster!

johnlomant 04-09-2010 12:53 PM

I want to see real pics

pm203 04-09-2010 01:21 PM

I had a single engine Donzi Z-25 that used to smoke my buddy's twin engine Baja 28 in almost every category. It was a better boat in all regards other than top speed, and handled the rough stuff better. It definetely was an offshore boat.

Mastercraft240 04-09-2010 01:42 PM

I want what your smoking..... must be some really good ****!:lolhit:
So I guess you would say the 27/30 activator isnt an offshore boat? But a 32 fountain with twins is?
The 29 kryptonite is also not an offshore powerboat too than? But a twin 292 forumla is?
A 270 Laveycraft also not an offshore powerboat I assume too, right?:lolhit: