Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   25 Talon or 25 Daytona?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/227977-25-talon-25-daytona.html)

H2O Guy 04-09-2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3083817)
You don't say what hp the Ilmor has but even if it's only the first generation 550 that would seal the deal for me, in addition to the boat being an Eliminator.

I've met Bob Leach several times at the Dallas boat show and talked boats with him. In addition to building great boats he is a fine man, a legend in our sport. For me it would be an honor to own one of his creations.

Its 625 HP, engine installed by North Coast Performance Marine In Ohio. Spoke with the owner a few times, he has been a Eliminator dealer for many years, seems to be a good guy.

MB

NASCAT 04-09-2010 11:19 AM

I would think the Eliminator w/ more HP & a lighter Eng package would be faster. Maybe it's not proped for top end. You won't be disappointed w/ the Ilmor power. I've owned 2 boats w/ twins.

I've never owned an Eliminator or a Talon but am much more familiar w/ the Eliminators. My guess is the Talon will appeal to a more limited resale market w/ potential buyers facing the same questions you are posing today.

Also whats the $$$ diff between the 2 boats? I'm thinking the 1yr newer Eliminator w/ a 625 would bring more money both now & later.

Originally Posted by H2O Guy (Post 3083900)
Your the first one to say Talon over Eliminator....... I like both boats but the talon looks cool as well, going to drive it next week. The talon with the 525 actually has more top speed than the Eliminator with the V10.

MB

H2O Guy 04-09-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 3084037)
I would think the Eliminator w/ more HP & a lighter Eng package would be faster. Maybe it's not proped for top end. You won't be disappointed w/ the Ilmor power. I've owned 2 boats w/ twins.

I've never owned an Eliminator or a Talon but am much more familiar w/ the Eliminators. My guess is the Talon will appeal to a more limited resale market w/ potential buyers facing the same questions you are posing today.

Also whats the $$$ diff between the 2 boats? I'm thinking the 1yr newer Eliminator w/ a 625 would bring more money both now & later.

You are correct, the Eliminator is $10K more .

MB

lake speed 04-09-2010 01:28 PM

I am partial but I love my 25 daytona. the talon looks a little dated to me but again that's only one mans opinion. If you think you are ever going to move up I would go with the Eliminator. If you just want to be different and save 10k then go with the talon. btw mines for sale as I want to move into a 28. 100+ mph on pump gas naturally aspirated $50k with new carbon fiber interior.

H2O Guy 04-09-2010 03:34 PM

Send me some pics of your boat, cant find it one the forum .

Send to [email protected]

thanks

MB

webmediafx 04-10-2010 01:11 PM

25 Talon

The Talon is faster and better built. The talon will definitely hold its value more than the eliminator, especially since they are going through tough times right now. I would suggest to ride in both and let us know what you think after riding in them.

H2O Guy 04-10-2010 01:12 PM

Another question for you all knowing performance guys here.

525 VS Ilmore 625 ....... one of the boats im looking at has a 525 merc, can I just throw on a Procharger and make more power than the 625 Ilmore?

does anyone have experience with stock 525 VS a SC 525? much more power and speed?

Thanks for all the help.

MB

webmediafx 04-10-2010 01:17 PM

super charger

525 with 3.3 liter whipple makes around 740hp.

NASCAT 04-12-2010 07:31 AM

Ilmor's aren't set up to be supercharged so you've got what you've got w/ them.

H2O Guy 04-13-2010 06:50 PM

i will have the Talon out for a ride this week, will report back .

Thanks

MB

Originally Posted by webmediafx (Post 3084647)
The Talon is faster and better built. The talon will definitely hold its value more than the eliminator, especially since they are going through tough times right now. I would suggest to ride in both and let us know what you think after riding in them.