If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Boats:
    89 Talon
    Columbia S.C.
    I have a 1989 25 Talon with twin modded 260's. It's built like a tank and hauls Ass. I would like the Illmore package, but I would buy a Talon before an eliminator. Personal preference. Either should be a good buy and the Talon will hold it's value. Congrats. Bob P. S. the previous owner will buy my boat back when i'm ready to sell.

Congrats on your choice !

You....Will ...Love that Talon ! I have a 1998 Talon 25 with a factory 525 SC , Running just under 100 mph GPS with a tuned 28 pitch prop . I've had it for 6 years now , this boat compared to a shotty rigged So. Cal "E" Boat is far superior . The Talon is solid ( no deck flex ) and has superior handling , superior ride and all around timeless lines , not to mention 0 to 60 that melts the competition . Keep me in the loop , would love to here about your performance quest !

My Boats:
    Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
    Channel Islands, So. Cal.
    I got the chance to run a 25' Eliminator tall deck with 525EFI for a weekend. I was absolutely suprised at the over all "feel" of the boat. You really feel like it's a much bigger boat while running. Thing performed very nice, handled great and was super comfy. Great little boat.

I don't have any experience with the Talon but know they have a good rep.

Good luck with your purchase.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    I would go with the Daytona. Both will handle similar and both are good looking boats. The Daytona has very good reputation and a large following of loyal owners. The Talon was and still is a very limited build boat. The Illmor is a nice feature. Down the road I think the Eliminator would be an easier sell as it is more popular.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234