Notices

25 Talon or 25 Daytona??

Old 04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 Talon or 25 Daytona??

I have been looking for a boat the last month or so, countless hours everyday it seems searching forums classified ads just about every online "for sale" site there is and have found two good boats.

I thought I would see what everyone thinks about these two different boats. One is a 2004 25' talon with a 525, the other is a 2005 Daytona Eliminator with a Ilmore V10. both run mid 90"s so they are comparable in speed.Both are low hours and in great shape and well taken care of.

Just interested to see what you guys think as to quality, resale value, dependability or anything else you may want to comment on re these two boats.

I look forward to any comments or questions you may have.

Thanks

MB
Old 04-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I would go with the Daytona. Both will handle similar and both are good looking boats. The Daytona has very good reputation and a large following of loyal owners. The Talon was and still is a very limited build boat. The Illmor is a nice feature. Down the road I think the Eliminator would be an easier sell as it is more popular.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Registered

Thanks for the heads up..... Is the ilmore considered a plus by most performance boaters? I would imagine it is over a stock 496 but does the V 10 really add to the boats performance say over a stocker with a super charger?

Thanks MB
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered

I owned a 25 Daytona for years. Great all around boat. Will most definitly hold a better resale. The Ilmore V10 is an awesome trouble free setup too.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by H2O Guy
Thanks for the heads up..... Is the ilmore considered a plus by most performance boaters? I would imagine it is over a stock 496 but does the V 10 really add to the boats performance say over a stocker with a super charger?

Thanks MB
No, maybe, and No. My money would be on the Talon with Merc power any day over the E boat with whatever power.
IMHO.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Registered

Resale would be better on the Elmiminator. I would go with the Talon. Everybody on the west coast has a elim.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't say what hp the Ilmor has but even if it's only the first generation 550 that would seal the deal for me, in addition to the boat being an Eliminator.

I've met Bob Leach several times at the Dallas boat show and talked boats with him. In addition to building great boats he is a fine man, a legend in our sport. For me it would be an honor to own one of his creations.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kingofscreens
I owned a 25 Daytona for years. Great all around boat. Will most definitly hold a better resale. The Ilmore V10 is an awesome trouble free setup too.
Thanks , how did your 25 handle? any porpoising issues? IT corners flat at speed, correct?

MB
Old 04-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AO31
No, maybe, and No. My money would be on the Talon with Merc power any day over the E boat with whatever power.
IMHO.
Your the first one to say Talon over Eliminator....... I like both boats but the talon looks cool as well, going to drive it next week. The talon with the 525 actually has more top speed than the Eliminator with the V10.

MB
Old 04-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DrewDown
Resale would be better on the Elmiminator. I would go with the Talon. Everybody on the west coast has a elim.
Im in Muskoka, I will not see either of these boats around here much so either one will be somewhat unique to my area.

It seems as I keep searching most of the cool perf boats are on the west coast. My last boat I brought up from Las Vegas.

Thanks MB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.