Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Twin turbo engines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/228070-twin-turbo-engines.html)

BigSilverCat 09-28-2010 02:22 PM

We dynoed the engines at each lb of boost from 3-22. We thought the normal everyday setting would be in the 6-7 range. Now that we have the boat running we realized the 7 lb setting was way too fast for an everyday setting and already broke props at that setting so we turned it down to the lowest setting we have and it still runs 160 mph. And on our lake that is plenty fast when there is other boat traffic..

We have made a few more videos I will up load them in a few days.. And we just recieved some new props so we are going to turn the the boost back up and make sure those tunes are ok.. And make a high speed pass.

cougarman 09-28-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3218681)
We dynoed the engines at each lb of boost from 3-22. We thought the normal everyday setting would be in the 6-7 range. Now that we have the boat running we realized the 7 lb setting was way too fast for an everyday setting and already broke props at that setting so we turned it down to the lowest setting we have and it still runs 160 mph. And on our lake that is plenty fast when there is other boat traffic..

We have made a few more videos I will up load them in a few days.. And we just recieved some new props so we are going to turn the the boost back up and make sure those tunes are ok.. And make a high speed pass.

Thanks.............for the reply.
look forward to the new vids and the report :drink:

Thanks again
Jon

skater40 09-28-2010 03:10 PM

Tyson-i thought you were shooting for 200mph?
Cast props will continue to spit a blade off -with the horsepower you have-bite the bullet and go with the forged props.
How is the boat handeling now?

cougarman 09-28-2010 03:35 PM

Tyson,

How much hp. And torque did you make on the dyno at 22 lbs of boost?

Had to be throught the roof :eek:

Thanks
Jon

BigSilverCat 09-29-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by skater40 (Post 3218725)
Tyson-i thought you were shooting for 200mph?
Cast props will continue to spit a blade off -with the horsepower you have-bite the bullet and go with the forged props.
How is the boat handeling now?

who says were not still shooting for 200 mph??

we worked on power steering plumbing till 3 am this morning, out in the dark running boat at 1 am.... probably woke the neighbors up... think we have it finally done.

now if we just had a good set of 40 pitch props to try we would do it this week.

WeaponX 09-29-2010 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3219337)

we worked on power steering plumbing till 3 am this morning, out in the dark running boat at 1 am.... probably woke the neighbors up... think we have it finally done.

now if we just had a good set of 40 pitch props to try we would do it this week.

We have 40's

FREEDOM US1 09-29-2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3219337)

Good luck Tyson!!! I know you guys will do great!!!!

baywatch 09-29-2010 09:54 PM

Wow!!! Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing what you guys have created.

carter38 09-30-2010 12:04 AM

It looked awesome running around last weekend.

baja27 09-30-2010 07:56 AM

Do you have any vid of the boat at the docks idling? By the way those motors are sweet! Turbos are the wave of the future.