Notices

Twin turbo engines

Old 04-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
intake adapter/ fuel rail
Sweet looking package. How are you getting the wring to the injectors that are inside of the intake. Do you think there will be any issues with the wiring and injectors being inside of the intake. You have to be anxious to see it all finished and in the boat. Keep the post going until you get it in the water!!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

The wire Was potted in a fitting that is screwed into the bottom of the intake so it is airtight, the wire and injectors will be fine being in the intake unless it backfires, it's computer contolled so it should not be able to backfire. but the wire is cl3 rated for fire so it should be fine.

We already have several hours of run time on them on the dyno naturally aspirated because we wanted to see what we could get naturally aspirated first.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The wire Was potted in a fitting that is screwed into the bottom of the intake so it is airtight, the wire and injectors will be fine being in the intake unless it backfires, it's computer contolled so it should not be able to backfire. but the wire is cl3 rated for fire so it should be fine.

We already have several hours of run time on them on the dyno naturally aspirated because we wanted to see what we could get naturally aspirated first.
Well what's the #'s NA??
Old 04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Registered

840 hp
but we did not turn them high rpm because it doesn't matter what it made we just wanted to have a base line to start with.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

I have always loved turbo motors, the way the build power, and the ability to make more power then supercharged motors due to no parasitic losses... I have always wondered why no one has really used them in high perf marine applications... Great to see someone going out and putting in the work!!! Can't wait to see how this all comes out.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigo181979
I have always loved turbo motors, the way the build power, and the ability to make more power then supercharged motors due to no parasitic losses... I have always wondered why no one has really used them in high perf marine applications... Great to see someone going out and putting in the work!!! Can't wait to see how this all comes out.
There are three 1200hp twin turbo Chief motors in a 47' Apache and I'm sure Tommy has sold more than those. He says his electronics have solved the turbo lag issues common to V8 turbo motors. Six cylinder motors such as Cummins and Yanmar don't have lag because the turbos can be stacked.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

Great work as always Brad and Tyson.
O yea my SMITH POWER ran Great this weekend!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Tyson,

How much boost do you plan to run?
And do you have concerns of the boost blowing the potted fitting out?

Thanks
Jon
Old 04-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cougarman
Tyson,
How much boost do you plan to run?
And do you have concerns of the boost blowing the potted fitting out?
Thanks
Jon
we are running 8 lbs boost on the pump gas setting and 15 lbs boost on the race gas setting. Then for the shootout we will try to break the needle off the boost gauge.

We machined a step inside the fitting so the potting material cannot be pushed out, it should handle more then 100 psi and I don't want to be in the boat if it ever goes that high

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.