Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The 39 Rockit with 725 Ilmors and Indy drives hit 115 mph (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/228403-39-rockit-725-ilmors-indy-drives-hit-115-mph.html)

Tom A. 04-18-2010 04:16 PM

They are fuel injected, tuned up 575Sci's. Hot humid air just doesn't compress as well as cool dry air. Power is effected by that. Same reason the new Merc 1300/1350's have a 50hp difference based on engine room air intake and "cold" air intake. Turbos/blowers both force feed the motor and the air fuel ratios are effected by the air temp and density more than N/A.

Jupiter Sunsation 04-18-2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lmarth (Post 3089184)
Am I the only one that thinks it's insane to expect ANY performance boat Manufacturer to reveal how many boats they built/sold? To get the ball rolling, maybe Jupiter could post the numbers from Sunsation by boat model?? Seriously,based on the posts Jupiter has made on the Hustler forum,it's obvious to me that we have a Sunsation owner with a serious case of "Hustler Envy!" Lol!

No, not Hustler envy at all. The owner was advertising how great the Rockit is, how fast it is and generally talking smack against the other builders through his ad campaign. HE claimed they had a crew working 40 hour weeks unlike other builders, the boat runs 115 out of the box despite no other boat doing those numbers and his aggressive ad campaign was paying dividends nicely........

I said his boats are only seen at the Miami show so where are all of these dividends paying off? How many Rockits have been built in the 2 years it has been out?

To answer your question. Sunsation has built more than a dozen 43's in the last two years. All have been 700 boats except hull #1 (600's/XR's), a 1075 boat and a Ilmor 725 boat. Most manufacturers have extensive online photos of new boat projects (OL, NT, Sunsation have all recently done "online projects"). I was encouraging Mr Promotion from NY to add a few photos of all these boats he is producing.

Jassman is right..........I prefer Nortechs to Hustlers any day of the week and twice on Sunday! :D

NASCAT 04-18-2010 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by ILMORdude (Post 3089684)
We've been around for less than a decade. Look what we've done so far. :coolcowboy:

Ilmor has certainly mastered 2 things in their less than decade existance & those would be ....................

Superior service & reliability!!!:ernaehrung004:

ILMORdude 04-18-2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by stainless (Post 3089983)
What engines were merc running in P1 against Ilmor?
Just curious, not trying to be a wise ass.:party-smiley-004:

Yeah, their "711 P1 editions" ran circles around us..........
:bsflag: LOL

Smarty 04-19-2010 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3089020)
Curiosity:

What does the each package cost, Ilmor v. Mecury, complete with drives and headers? I like the V-10's. I just really don't know what the price difference is, just wondering.

I now know the pricing, and it very comparable pricing, this is what I anticipated (meaning engine, headers, driveline, whole package less props). Either package would be a winner, if I only had the $$,$$$. I do like the Illmor 725, with the Indy drive.

C_Spray 04-19-2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3091255)
...I do like the Illmor 725, with the Indy drive.

At some point this summer, you may see this one on Chesapeake Bay, at Llyod Creek, the Inn, or Still Pond. You're free to examine it up close.

Where's our GPS numbers? Everyone's unanimous on that front: we need to see 'em.

MANITIE 04-19-2010 06:24 PM

You have to also compare weight....

The Ilmor 725 and Indy drive weight is a hair over 1200 lbs. with fluid....compare that to a Merc 700 and a NXT drive x 2....

Also Bob at ILMOR told me on the 650 at wide open throttle it burns 40 gallons a hour....

omerta one 04-19-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by MANITIE (Post 3091356)
You have to also compare weight....

The Ilmor 725 and Indy drive weight is a hair over 1200 lbs. with fluid....compare that to a Merc 700 and a NXT drive x 2....

Also Bob at ILMOR told me on the 650 at wide open throttle it burns 40 gallons a hour....

1548 x 2 + 3,096 (dry?) vs 2,400 is 696 lbs. or the approximate equivalent of 112 gallons of gas (about half a tank).

Smarty 04-21-2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 3091344)
At some point this summer, you may see this one on Chesapeake Bay, at Llyod Creek, the Inn, or Still Pond. You're free to examine it up close.

Where's our GPS numbers? Everyone's unanimous on that front: we need to see 'em.

Chuck,

I have been watching your new engine build, and I do look forward to seeing it in action.

Stephen