Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/228693-can-someone-post-some-pics-thought-35-fountain-lightning.html)

RaggedEdge 04-20-2010 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by kyboy1020 (Post 3091678)
...... this is the first time I have had someone attack a personal descision rather than focus on the boating question at hand

It's your life, your deal, your decision. Don't let someone here derail your dream! The comment about taking care of your son first speaks for itself. Whatever you decide to do make your son a big part of it. The best boating moments of my life were with my son at my side.

TxHawk 04-20-2010 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by kyboy1020 (Post 3091678)
if it was not meant that way I am sorry. No hard feelings that is just how I interpretted the post.

Not meant that way at all, just one young guy to another.

As far as the boat goes, you seem like someone who likes to have lots of friends on the boat. To me, the 35 Fountain makes a great hot rod for 4. I have gone through the same thoughts of going to a 42 Fountain from my 40. When I looked at what I do with my boat, I decided that the 42 Fountain is smaller in every aspect. It would run he same speed with less power but in the end I would have less boat and a boat payment.

Good luck.

RaggedEdge 04-20-2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 3092275)
Hey Peter, I'm pretty sure my 35 EX was a little better looking and a we bit faster than yours, but maybe that was just my imagination :)

Did you ever settle on a final winner on your prop search?

I don't know about that, I'm real good with a buffer. And I tagged 83 + something with the fresh motors! Opps, and the labbed props.

Prop Wizzards are like whores, tell you what you want to hear, take your cash, get you all fired up about what is to come (no pun intended), then get creative with the excuses why it didn't quite work out for you.

But I'm talking to a new one now, may be the one!:drink:

RaggedEdge 04-20-2010 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Robert,

Here's what she looked like when she went down the road. Damn good lookin' boat, Ya think!

mapism 04-20-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by kyboy1020 (Post 3091306)
I know guys with 496's that get waaaaaay better gas mileage than I do.

You betcha!
In terms of balance between economy and performance, I think nothing would get close to a Fountain 35' like this one, with full staggered 496 and XR+SSM.
But I guess you can only find pretty recent boats with such configuration, hence rather expensive (also aside this particular one, whose asking price is also driven by the fact that she's in Europe).

Marginmn 04-20-2010 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 3092299)
Robert,

Here's what she looked like when she went down the road. Damn good lookin' boat, Ya think!

Everything about that paint job fit that boat to a T. One if not the best looking paint scheme ever on a 35 ex. Beautiful. Lorrie still misses that boat.

teamsynergy 04-27-2010 05:20 AM

Hey kyboy1020... here is some more info for you. Prior to buying my 03 31ss, I shopped around a lot. I used to own a 96' checkmate 253 and was limited to 70mph and got the crap beat out of me on a regualr basis since we ride lake michigan. So, the hunt began. I have tested fountains, baja's, sonics, hustler, and cigarette. By far, (in my price range) the sonic is what won me over. We wanted something that was fast and comfortable. I wanted to be in the middle of the pack versus the end when it came to running at loto when we head that way. If it were just you and your GF, then yes, a fountain would suffice, but since seeing some of your pics and knowing you have a infant son, go with the sonic, you wont be disappointed... by the way, you can get speed of them.... see attached pic...

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/452/dsc02665e.th.jpg