Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's that time...THE OFFICIAL DESERT STORM 2010 PHOTO THREAD!! >

It's that time...THE OFFICIAL DESERT STORM 2010 PHOTO THREAD!!

Notices

It's that time...THE OFFICIAL DESERT STORM 2010 PHOTO THREAD!!

Old 04-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

You should've drug the Cig out bro!![/QUOTE]

I am going to make this trip some time for sure. I am amazed at the party you guys put on and the hardware that shows up!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

It was off the chains as usual.

I have some videos but I've been lazy.

Tank, sorry we didn't get to hang out more. Next year I will be back with a more organized Las Vegas-Lake Havasu 150. LOL
Old 05-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A letter from a Make a Wish Dad who took a powerboat ride at Desert Storm!

Hi there,

I received this touching letter yesterday. This father brought his daughters out to the lake (Desert Storm) earlier last week during our charity rides. His son who is the Make a Wish child wasn't able to make it, so I invited him back for a ride on Sunday am with his son. So many people under estimate the power of our passion! Isn't it cool to be able to play with our toys and make such an incredible difference, in so many peoples lives! Take a minute and share this with your family especially your children of age. Powerboating Rules!

Enjoy!

Dear Joy,

When Richard was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of nine, it began a very bleak, frightening, sad, and lonely time for my son. As my daughter put it, "Richard never got to do anything." It was true. From the age of nine, to the age of twelve and a half, Richard missed a fourth of his life. I know there have been many moments when Richard has wondered if his life would ever be something to enjoy, or just be a life of suffering, misery and pain.
I can tell you this, that ride in that Statement Marine, high performance, speed boat was one of the brightest days in Richard's entire life. Nick had such a strong sense of empathy for Richard that he even let him steer the boat. As a grown man, Nick has an uncanny ability to put himself into the life of a 13 year old boy, and know what would make that boy feel important, blessed, and powerful. Richard was absolutely thrilled and I can't thank Nick enough.
To tell you the truth, not only was the speed boat ride a thrill for Richard and my family, but it was one of the most memorable moments in my life as well! To experience the performance, and sheer magnitude of new technology and design of that boat was extremely exciting. I think we all are still trying to get the goose bumps off of our skin!
Craig's 39 foot, orange, Donzi boat was a thrill for my daughters and myself on Thursday. That boat is beautiful and fast. I am partial to orange. Please remember to thank Craig for his boat ride as well.
Finally, I want everyone to know that Make-A-Wish Foundation and Platinum Power Boat Club is making a very big difference in people's lives. You are giving something to people that is very unique and absolutely fun.
I can't thank you enough.
Sincerely,
S. Kent Brown, M.D.
Richard's Father
Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nice Joy !

We all appreicate everyone's efforts in helping other's.

See you in Sunny Isles Beach in June !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Platinum Peace
Hi there,

I received this touching letter yesterday. This father brought his daughters out to the lake (Desert Storm) earlier last week during our charity rides. His son who is the Make a Wish child wasn't able to make it, so I invited him back for a ride on Sunday am with his son. So many people under estimate the power of our passion! Isn't it cool to be able to play with our toys and make such an incredible difference, in so many peoples lives! Take a minute and share this with your family especially your children of age. Powerboating Rules!

Enjoy!

Dear Joy,

When Richard was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of nine, it began a very bleak, frightening, sad, and lonely time for my son. As my daughter put it, "Richard never got to do anything." It was true. From the age of nine, to the age of twelve and a half, Richard missed a fourth of his life. I know there have been many moments when Richard has wondered if his life would ever be something to enjoy, or just be a life of suffering, misery and pain.
I can tell you this, that ride in that Statement Marine, high performance, speed boat was one of the brightest days in Richard's entire life. Nick had such a strong sense of empathy for Richard that he even let him steer the boat. As a grown man, Nick has an uncanny ability to put himself into the life of a 13 year old boy, and know what would make that boy feel important, blessed, and powerful. Richard was absolutely thrilled and I can't thank Nick enough.
To tell you the truth, not only was the speed boat ride a thrill for Richard and my family, but it was one of the most memorable moments in my life as well! To experience the performance, and sheer magnitude of new technology and design of that boat was extremely exciting. I think we all are still trying to get the goose bumps off of our skin!
Craig's 39 foot, orange, Donzi boat was a thrill for my daughters and myself on Thursday. That boat is beautiful and fast. I am partial to orange. Please remember to thank Craig for his boat ride as well.
Finally, I want everyone to know that Make-A-Wish Foundation and Platinum Power Boat Club is making a very big difference in people's lives. You are giving something to people that is very unique and absolutely fun.
Sincerely,
S. Kent Brown, M.D.
Richard's Father
Thats very COOL!! Its a very good feeling when you can put a smile on a kids face...
Old 05-01-2010, 09:19 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar

Tank, sorry we didn't get to hang out more. Next year I will be back with a more organized Las Vegas-Lake Havasu 150. LOL
And I'm in on that. Me and you and you know the car and the attire bro LMAO
Old 05-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar

Cash, it was good seeing you for the little we did. And next year, get the LV to LH 150 up on video and updates...Maybe it's own Facebook page or something!

Also, drag that p*ssy Bill out for sure next year!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Hi there,

Enjoy!

Dear Joy,

Sincerely,
S. Kent Brown, M.D.
Richard's Father

Joy, I spoke with a few of the boaters giving rides and they said it was just as awesome giving the rides and sharing their passion as it was for those experiencing their first ride.

Very cool!
Old 05-01-2010, 01:13 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Cash, it was good seeing you for the little we did. And next year, get the LV to LH 150 up on video and updates...Maybe it's own Facebook page or something!

Also, drag that p*ssy Bill out for sure next year!!!
I'm coming, I'm coming. Tank why don't you jump a flight and meet us in Jax?
Old 05-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Registered

Hi there,

Enjoy!

Dear Joy,

Sincerely,
S. Kent Brown, M.D.
Richard's Father
AWESOME!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.