Notices

Bimini Run

Old 04-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
then you will be back wayyyyyyy before me. your 700's are 502 CI?
Yes, Merc 700's are 502 CID; the 850's jump to the 557 CID.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by insptech
You may be the first person in the entire history of offshore powerboating to have uttered that phrase

And I am quite sure you are probably better than 80% of the guys that think they are "Offshore Heros"
I tried my hand at Driving a race......ONCE.

Granted it was in a 24 Pantera, I had NO seat time, boat had a Big Motor, I was driver and throttle, tabs etc(not sure how Scotty was able to pull that one off, he has much more talent in a boat than anyone I know), running thru the seven mile bridge(along with SS cats going 100MPH), and I was a little skeered, as I had lost hydraulic steering the day before in practice. But once I watched the on board video, I realized driving was not for me, especially not without a LOT more practice. I now have TONS of seat time in a 24, and could probably run that boat 10x better today, but my skills are better spent turning wrenches, driving trucks, filling coolers etc.

http://tntoffshore.com/team.html

That is me, upper right pic.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Chef Tom is with you guys now??? Tell him I said hi ! Man can mix a mean Duckfart....
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
Chef Tom is with you guys now??? Tell him I said hi ! Man can mix a mean Duckfart....
If we had any $$ to run the boat, he would be. We are still actively pursuing sponsorship, but with this economy it is tough. Tom became a friend of the team back when we had sponsorship from AMF, and kinda stuck around afterwards. Trent has big plans for the team, if the economy ever recovers. We ran all of 2007 for AMF, a few races in 2008 and 2009 as TNT racing, and had a great one race deal with the Marriot in Clearwater last year, and hopefully one day will be back in full force. I dont talk to Tom, but Trent probably does, I'll tell him to say Hi. Oh yeah, he is a pretty good cook too