If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: IMCO nv.

My Boats:
    2003 45 Sonic 3x575SCI
    Port Tobacco Maryland, Coconut Grove Florida

IMCO nv.

GREAT COMPANY!!! I bought a used 1999 45ss Sonic and it came with IMCO sterring, And had some pitted gland caps on the sterring cylinders, and the bolts that held it all were half rusted away, I called Imco to get replacement parts and prices, gland caps $82.00 each, Bolts $16.00 each and I needed 8 of them, drive shower braded hose was fraying, Ron at Imco asked me to send it all back to him and he thought it would be around $160.00 to repair the Cyls. and $45.00 for the hose . And the good part is that the new cylenders are all stainless, unlike the old ones with a brass upper, crome plated. The next day Ron called me and told me that he recived my parts and I will get them back the next day, NO CHARGE!!! . The next day I recived 2 new sterring cylinders, 8 new bolts and nuts, 1 drive shower hose, and a IMCO shirt! and overnight at NO cost. Ron and the people of IMCO in navada stand behind there product. Im still shocked , Most people in the boating parts and sales treat you like they are the only people that make this product,

Charter Member#157 Charter Member MnFastBoat's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Advantage 28' Cat
    Minneapolis, Mn, Usa
    I am so glad to hear people having great service reports in the marine, or any, parts department. Some tend ot take things for granted.
    The other great thing is I am so glad to hear this since I too have Imco steering on my boat.
    Also reminds me a a leak I have had since new. Have never been able to find it.
    This Cat is trying to keep up with the Big Dogs

Platinum Member Platinum Member Jassman's Avatar
    They are an excellent co., thats why I bought 2 Imco Extreme Advantages SC for my New Thunder, they were knowledgable and courtious, and didnt knock there competitors, they explained the differences and hooked me up with an awesome dealer in Slidell, La, Total Marine and Performance, and those guys have been great as well, they will get my service, even if it is a little out of my way. Building composite fishing and pleasure catamarans.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Man with all the horror stories going around these last few days this is sure a refreshing post
    Put your best foot forward!