Notices

IMCO nv.

Old 04-24-2002, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMCO nv.

GREAT COMPANY!!! I bought a used 1999 45ss Sonic and it came with IMCO sterring, And had some pitted gland caps on the sterring cylinders, and the bolts that held it all were half rusted away, I called Imco to get replacement parts and prices, gland caps $82.00 each, Bolts $16.00 each and I needed 8 of them, drive shower braded hose was fraying, Ron at Imco asked me to send it all back to him and he thought it would be around $160.00 to repair the Cyls. and $45.00 for the hose . And the good part is that the new cylenders are all stainless, unlike the old ones with a brass upper, crome plated. The next day Ron called me and told me that he recived my parts and I will get them back the next day, NO CHARGE!!! . The next day I recived 2 new sterring cylinders, 8 new bolts and nuts, 1 drive shower hose, and a IMCO shirt! and overnight at NO cost. Ron and the people of IMCO in navada stand behind there product. Im still shocked , Most people in the boating parts and sales treat you like they are the only people that make this product,
Old 04-24-2002, 12:33 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW
I am so glad to hear people having great service reports in the marine, or any, parts department. Some tend ot take things for granted.
The other great thing is I am so glad to hear this since I too have Imco steering on my boat.
Also reminds me a a leak I have had since new. Have never been able to find it.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

They are an excellent co., thats why I bought 2 Imco Extreme Advantages SC for my New Thunder, they were knowledgable and courtious, and didnt knock there competitors, they explained the differences and hooked me up with an awesome dealer in Slidell, La, Total Marine and Performance, and those guys have been great as well, they will get my service, even if it is a little out of my way.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:55 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man with all the horror stories going around these last few days this is sure a refreshing post