If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby Platinum Member Need-the-Speed's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1997 Fountain 24 CS, 2002 31 Fiesta Vee, 2005 Xtreme Cooler ATC
    Watkins Glen, New York

This guy's Got HUGE BALLS

I knew a guy that tried screwing a few people the same way, for this story will call him Putz. He was selling snowmobile parts. Putz f%&ked a bunch of people. This guy was a sh%thead. One day I saw his 2 month old Pick-up outside the grocery store and it was trashed. Every window was broken. The doors were dented. It looked like an accident. Later that same wk. I was talking to a freind of mine that told me an " angry victom/customer" of Putz drove to his house from Vermont (8hrs.) and started smashing the **** out his new truck. When I heard that I laughed my a$$ off. The guy from Vermont didn't even get in trouble. Later I found out that Putz tried screwing the guy out of $3500 bucks. The hole deal went to court and Putz got into deep $hit. Turns out he was selling parts he didn't even have to about 20 people.

My suggestion is to drive to Ohio and Beat the snot out of old Paully. Just think He gave you his address. If your not normally a violent guy just do it for a little stress reliever. What the hell. Tell the old lady it's a little day trip to Ohio. Drop her off at the biggest mall you can find and grab a, oh lets say Mac 11. Shoot a couple rounds up his Corn hole (to muzzle the blast). Pick the old lady up from the mall. Stop a Micky D's grab a burger and head home. Thats has to be worth atleast $210 smackers. My other suggestion is ALWAYS PAY FOR C.O.D . Lot's of luck.

Charter Member #737 Charter Member KCHOTBOAT's Avatar
    My Boats:
    28 Apache
    LOTO 31 mm ,Overland Park, KS
    Sorry to hear how you got screwed by a member. Did anyone know this clown in person? This is the only place on the net that I ever bought anything or sold things. I always believed this would be the place that you would not get screwed over since we all like spending time here. It may be time to come to a system to rate people who sell things so future members don't get screwed over.
    Last edited by KCHOTBOAT; 04-27-2002 at 03:11 AM.

Hmmmmmm...maybe his death was a prediction?

Charter Member Charter Member Raypanic's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Formula 400SS Eliminator 236 Eagle XP
    Lake Orion, MI. USA
    It is sad and unfortunate that these people exist but they are there. You have to be willing to take a risk when dealing with people and companies you dont know.

I have bought and sold things from this board all without any problems at all. Lucky maybe. It would be so nice to feel "secure" but unless major changes are taken like ratings and being able to use a credit card there is still a chance someone will bite you. I like the COD Idea but then to make sure you would have to have it a cashiers check too.

Again 99.9 % suffer for the .1% moron.

It's not OSO's responsability to guarantee transactions but this does reveal an opportunity to offer a something like brokerage service that would be insured and provide all the services a consumer would need. And they could generate revenew in the process. A Big undertaking though.

My Boats:
    1999 High Torque Marine Sr24
    Simpsonville, SC 29680

Post He's ALIVE He's ALIVE It's a miracle!

Please see my new post in General Discussion. He's ALIVE He's ALIVE It's a miracle!

I am doing this in hopes of everyone seeing OUR results. I know how it is when a post gets on the long side. I tend to move on to newer and better things.
    I want to thank the OSO family for all of the support and comments.
    In my new post you will see what the power of the OSO family did for me. One less germ to worry about!

Thanks Mike

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112