Old 04-25-2002, 12:08 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who's got the bat these days????
Old 04-25-2002, 01:38 AM
Registered

Thats really messed up. Good luck guys getting your money back!!!
Old 04-25-2002, 06:45 AM
Registered

MIKEHTMSR24 - what a screwed up deal!!! Did he cash
your check already?? Maybe when you get the cancelled check
back from the bank it will help you and you can give it to the police
to show where he cashed it, when, etc. Good luck - I hope all this gets cleared up!!
Old 04-25-2002, 07:11 AM
jb
Registered

just when you think you read it all!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2002, 08:51 AM
Tigerlily

Default A couple thoughts about buying online..first I'm sorry for those

that got ripped off. It sucks when it's just for 20 bucks...but when it's something as calculated as this clown did it...well, it seems like he probably did do a good bit of "sales" out of the office...and if they fired him, then they may have had their suspicions about what he was probably doing.

When you stop to think of how many BBS's that are out there about boating... multiply that by how many members are on each board...subtract the number of board members who work in the baoting industry..add the muber of us who are always on the lookout for a way to get the parts we "need" without getting our electricity cut off for non payment....arrrrghhhhhhh it turns into a trig story problem!

If he just had 50 people who kicked out $200 bucks..that's 10K right there. And since he got the payments through the mail then it becomes a big assed deal. Mail fraud is an ugly ugly thing.

Couple that with the fact that he stole the parts in all likelyhood...then he has other charges coming at him. Baja is sure to prosecute and not be willing to settle for him making financial restitution since it reflects on their name... This will be really interesting to see how this plays out once all the facts are in.

One other thing - for those of you who post on other boards... you may want to post this for the people there. I'm sure he didn't confine his theft to just this one.and when the case is being built for trial they will want as much ammo as they can get.

Now- about buying online...26zx Donzi and anyone else who doesn't buy over the net very often:

I do 90% of my shopping online.. I even bought my Avalon online about 5 years ago and it has been the smartest car purchase I ever made. I have bought from private ppl and businesses...from "net ppl" on various boards or chatrooms I go to...ALL my Christmas shopping for the last three years. And in all honesty I have never had any serious trouble with net buying. As a matter of fact, we've had more trouble with Overton's this winter/spring than I have ever had with any private purchase I made online. (As I type this there is a box in my diningroom with a boat cover in it that was supposed to be a Bim....this is the second time they screwed up and they expected us to pay the shipping for returning this HA! unlikely since my other half is a CFO...we're waiting for the call tag to send it back now )

Anyway, there are a couple of bag eggs out there, but by and large people deal fairly and honestly online. But the rule of thumb is...if it doesn't "feel" right...then pass on the deal. Even savvy buyers get taken ...Mike being a prime example....but you notice when the "death" was popsted....he decided to check it out...and because he dogged after it there will be some time in the big house for ole Merc

Ohhhhhh and just for anyone who wants it...there is a site you can go to to do a little snooping ..has everything from regular and meta searches to reverse e mail lookups etc.....

http://www.freeality.com

Hasta

Melissa

Old 04-25-2002, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the link, Tiger!

Look what I found:
I typed in his e-mail and it returned the correct name. Virginnia, though.
Attached Thumbnails Buyer beware OSO member not dead!!!!!-untitled1.jpg  
Old 04-25-2002, 09:22 AM
Tigerlily

Default hmmmmm curiouser and curiouser

I checked and it's about 350 miles from him....so he probably moved after he set up his hotmail.... so the new question becomes:

Is there a marine oriented business near Coeburn?

Old 04-25-2002, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do any of you think it is possible that MERC575 is lurking around the OSO site using a different name?
Old 04-25-2002, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You just never know...
Old 04-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally posted by WETTE VETTE
Do any of you think it is possible that MERC575 is lurking around the OSO site using a different name?
If he IS registered under a different name with a different email address lurking, then that's where the IP Address would give him away. If he was smart enough he would...........I won't say it..........in case he is reading this.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware OSO member not dead!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.