Notices

Boat Lift Question

Old 04-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Boat Lift Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My neighbor has one that he is selling because he has gotten a 40' Sea Ray and has to get a new one.

It is a 16k lbs lift with brand new motors and cables. Its the kind that has I-beams underneath but doesn't have anything over head. THe cables and the beams run down, under the boat, and then up to the other pilings on the far side of the boat which just have a set of pulleys on them.

He actually has a pier section on the far side between the pilings

He wants 4500 for it - any comments on whether this is a good price or not? It is being disassembled next week and it would be VERY easy to just have it set in our backyard.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used ones go for 2-3 grand around here. If it has new cables, motors, and all the sheaves (pulleys) done in stainless it is worth around 3500-4000. It should run about $500 or so to install it.