Notices

Superboat Accident

Old 04-29-2002, 02:08 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry DJD I was at Havasu looking at poker run boats and having a blast

There is no reason for me to comment down as Plumbgirl seems to not be a ladie of her word and has not given us her version of the facts. SO We will just say that the argument is over and there are a lot of good points made about safety in the OS world.

Jon
Old 04-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
I think what we have here is a conflict between Jason Priestly , the cute little actor who sent teenage girl's hearts fluttering a few years ago, and Jason Priestly, the over his head rookie driver in a Superboat. Please confine your opinions accordingly.

Jason is a better actor than Matt Alcone, Matt Alcone is a better driver than Jason. There is no doubt that Jerry Gilbreath and John Tomlinson and Bobby Moore and Doug Lewis and Joey Imprescia and Art Lilly and Bob Idoni and Felix Serralles and a lot of other guys are better throttlemen than Dan Campbell.

What bothers me most is that we are wasting a lot of time on what is obviously nothing more than a grab for P.R. and hype.......and neither of those things have any place on a race course. They may be good to promote a sport or a TV package, but a bright smile and dimples have no effect on racing situations. Sadly, Jason is a prime example of "Are you a boat racer?...... No, but I play one on TV....."

The only value to come out of all this will be if "Rookie rules" and qualification standards are a result. As to the "star worship", leave it for teen magazines and "ET".....where it belongs.

T2x

PS: As to all of this "wishing Jason luck and hoping he sticks with it".......wish him no more nor less than any other rookie....and.... do you racers really want a guy around who gets half of the(your) media exposure simply because he starred in a long since canceled TV series? All of the other celebrities left the sport no better than they found it, and used it only to further their own publicity agendas...... I assure you that if Jason Priestly has a "comeback" hit movie and elevates to Hollywood's "A" list......... You'll never see him again.......... Isn't that right, Don Johnson?

Watching that DCB on video reminded me of this race and how Jason Priestley was too fast and couldn't turn. I can't seem to find the video of this.......anyone?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Watching that DCB on video reminded me of this race and how Jason Priestley was too fast and couldn't turn. I can't seem to find the video of this.......anyone?
Very interesting. I thought the same thing and about this video. When I saw this thread back to the top I knew exactly where it was going. If your going to run rub rail to rub rail in a poker run, you better be committed to turning when the pack does.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TxHawk
Very interesting. I thought the same thing and about this video. When I saw this thread back to the top I knew exactly where it was going. If your going to run rub rail to rub rail in a poker run, you better be committed to turning when the pack does.
It's possible the DBC was so trimmed out couldn't turn? He was less than a boat length behind and crossed a roostertail?