If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Oil Pressure

My Boats:
    35' Fountain Lightning
    Muscle Shoals, AL

Oil Pressure

What is high oil pressure and why would it be high...? Maybe I'm just being a little curious, but I know that's what it takes to keep things going.. My oil pressure when cranked and idling to get all temps up to speed is pegging the guage at 80psi. When all temps get up and I gas it the pressure is still high to me, around 70 psi, but after ive been running a bit they get a little lower.. My question is how high is too high and how long should it be running that high and what causes it to be that high? Am i just concerned for no reason or is there a problem??

My Boats:
    36' Apache Warrior
    Elkton, MD
    Your PSI is fine and I wouldn't worry... Mine can/will run 80-90 psi cold and they settle in around 70-75 PSI hot when running.

One thing you might want to consider is getting a sender and gauge that reads up to 100 psi.