Originally Posted by tbanzer
Drum roll please, How much $?
Yup. I wanna know too
Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Yup. I wanna know too
We all do! Maybe the customer could put up a ballpark number (or a fake low one for the wife to read, and PM the real one haha).
Old 07-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up Thank You Eddie

After Eddie put the engine in, finishing up the rigging, and did some test running I picked up the boat and my first use was a 300+ mile round trip and had no issues with the engine.

Started out at Kuttawa, KY (Lake Barkley) and ran up the Cumberland River to the Nashville riverfront docks. Stayed a few nights along with a run to Old Hickory Lake then made the trip back to Kuttawa.
I had 6 people, luggage, two coolers, and many cases of beer.

I made this same trip 4 years ago and this time I was able to run at a higher RPM which allowed for a faster run and used about the same amount of fuel as the old 509 motor.

Extremely happy with Eddie's service.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eddie can you put together a kit w everything but the shortblock? Heads, cam, intake, TB, ecm tune, and ecm bracket? It can be the YP680
Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered

Eddie,

What would you recommend if I wanted to get another 125hp or so out of a stock 502mpi? The motor shouldn't be having a rebuild for quite some time yet so I don't want to tear into the bottom end.

Just trying to get an idea of what's involved to get to the 540-560hp level without affecting longevity drastically?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Sure, but it will be a ballpark tune. They all differ a little bit and the best way to do it is to put it on the dyno. Give me a call when you get a chance and we can discuss it further.

Shane, glad you guys had fun. The pics were great. I would love to make that run one day. Glad the boat ran great for you. Thank you again for your business. Talk to you soon.
Eddie
Old 07-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Yup. I wanna know too
Originally Posted by rlj676
We all do! Maybe the customer could put up a ballpark number (or a fake low one for the wife to read, and PM the real one haha).
This one got a ton of extras that, while they look awesome, are not required and don't make any additional hp. For example, the serpentine accessories, 2 piece valve covers, electronics bracket, etc. To duplicate this engine; 547 ci, Holley injection, Mefi 4 ecm and harness, aluminum heads, entire valvetrain, custom oil pan, custom paint, oil, water, and fuel plumbing, etc, without the bling can be done for around 15K. However, you can easily hit over 20K with extras. The only items that we reused from the original 502 were the block, bell housing, coupler, and motor mounts. Every other part was replaced. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks
Eddie
Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Eddie,

What would you recommend if I wanted to get another 125hp or so out of a stock 502mpi? The motor shouldn't be having a rebuild for quite some time yet so I don't want to tear into the bottom end.

Just trying to get an idea of what's involved to get to the 540-560hp level without affecting longevity drastically?
In order to get to the 550 hp area, you will need several things. First, the best thing to do is to get rid of the stock intake. I don't normally recommend having it modified (extrude honed, runners shortened,etc) unless you are supercharging it. If you want to keep it NA, then the Holley intake setup is a MUCH better choice. You will also need a cam change. Lastly, a bump in compression will be required.
If you chose to change the stock cast iron heads to aluminum (plus the above items), then 600+ hp would be possible from your 502ci.
Eddie
Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Registered

Hi Eddie,

That all sounds terrific. Height under the hatch is at a premium (I think there might be 3"-4" of clearance with the stock 502 manifold so while I'd love to change it out, we may need to go with a front feeding version.

Just starting to think about the project now - no definitive timeline.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered

The Holley setup is not much taller than the stock 502 Mag intake. I will check on the exact height of it and get back to you.
Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.