Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nick Buis of Statement Marine victim of identity theft – don’t get caught (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/229617-nick-buis-statement-marine-victim-identity-theft-%96-don%92t-get-caught.html)

Bobthebuilder 05-03-2010 09:27 AM

Nick Buis of Statement Marine victim of identity theft – don’t get caught

I received the following e mail this morning and am aware that it has been sent to others in Nick’e contact list as well. Nick has asked that this warning be posted so no one makes the mistake of getting scammed by this:

Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 09:14:08 -0400
To: undisclosed-recipients:;<Invalid address>
Subject: Urgent Help Needed!!!

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to Wales,United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping the issues at all and our flight leaves in less than 3hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills,I'm freaked out at the moment..yeah

Racegirl3 05-03-2010 09:35 AM

:eek:

sdodson1 05-03-2010 09:48 AM

Bad deal, I got it from my travel agent a while back. I called her and she said someone had hacked her account.

NASCAT 05-03-2010 01:49 PM

Just Marvelous

This piece of info would have been most useful prior to me wiring the $$:lolhit:

Bobthebuilder 05-03-2010 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 3101014)
This piece of info would have been most useful prior to me wiring the $$:lolhit:

Well you have to admit that it was touching with that tear in Nick's eye, family etc! I've never seen Nick cry before ! LOL :)

NASCAT 05-03-2010 02:21 PM

He knows I'm a hard sell so he sent it to me 3x today! He's so damn impatient besides how do I know that the money isn't going towards the marketing of Statement boats. Sneaky bastard!

DollaBill 05-03-2010 02:29 PM

Bob, I don't get it. What did they steal from Nick?????

salesmanship 05-03-2010 02:43 PM

Bob,
I was a little confused by your post.
Just got off the phone with Nick.
He wasn't in Wales, somebody stole his e-mail address book and sent that story to everyone on the list thinking we would all be kind enough to wire him money.

TS

Bobthebuilder 05-03-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 3101055)
Bob,
He wasn't in Wales, somebody stole his e-mail address book and sent that story to everyone on the list thinking we would all be kind enough to wire him money.

TS

Exactly. I probably should have gone into more detail to explain but was anxious to get the word out before anyone started sending money.

NASCAT 05-03-2010 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 3101055)
Bob,

TS

Terry,

I think the subject line of the original post by BTB states it's a scam