Notices

Outerlimits 42 and/or GTX

Old 04-24-2002, 08:55 PM
Offshore Roller

Default Outerlimits 42 and/or GTX

Now I’m not trying to start anything here. Honestly, no BS, I really want to know how they run in Rough Water. As I said, no BS. I've read enough and haven’t had the chance to ride in one. So far NOTHING has compared to a Straight Vee in a 4-6ft sea. Now I’m not talking about riding in the troughs, any boat can do that. I’m talking about seriously running into a 4-6ft sea in ROUGH conditions. How does the boat run? Does it SLAM like I know the 37 did, because I owned one...or does it REALLY run as well as people say, or is this just bs.. Calm Water running isn't why I run, so I’m honestly curious...Just a thought. And please refrain from ‘how good Outerlimits look comments’ and the ‘fit and finish misc’.

Thanks
--Offshore Roller

Old 04-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always enjoy spending race day on No Discipline a 42 Outerlimits with twin 650s. Pete is our official pace boat for all of the offshore racing in Point Pleasant NJ. www.njoffshore.com I can honestly say that this is the most incredible handling boats I have ever ridden in.

On the 1 foot bay chop it seems to lift higher and higher in the rear as it goes faster. It actually feels like a small cat packed with air. At full tilt, 94 trimming the drives down grabs more bite and you can feel the kick as the boat goes faster.

In the ocean, the extra 5 feet over the 37 allows it to eat up waves. For the last few years, the May race has been run in 8 to 10 ft seas, just ask DJD. While pacing the starts and running after the race as high speed this boat would fly and you would wait for a hard impact that would just never occur.

If I had a half mil to piss away- I mean invest on such a craft, it would be an Outerlimits without even looking elsewhere. Go for it and take me for a ride sometime.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ron P,
You forgot to mention How good the 42 Outerlimites looks and talk a little more about the Fit and Finish!!!

Sorry Roller, I couldnt hold it any longer.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:43 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

You caught me. I was going to say how cool it was to relax and watch a DVD on the flat screen tv with the surround sound and how 850 Sterlings will grace the engine room this summer. But I thought I might get boring. So I'll just post a photo.
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits 42 and/or GTX-pace.jpg  
Old 04-25-2002, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default love

I've always had a little thing for that "No Dicipline " boat. I don't know what it was...the lines,the paint, the name. Flat out cool!!!
Old 04-25-2002, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Ron....
Got any pics of the interior of Pete's Boat ??

J.M.

BTW... Anyone get the new Poker Runs Mag. Yet.... Suppose to be a test of the GTX...... I don't know if I should read it .... Could be EXPEN$IVE !!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Offshore Roller

Nope, Havn't gotten mine yet...

Old 04-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

No interior shots. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimits 42 and/or GTX-pete.jpg  
Old 04-25-2002, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yeah baby

OOOOOHhhhhhhh that puppy is sweet. I think I need a smoke
Old 04-25-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up No Discipline

Believe it or not...it's even prettier in person!!

Quick Reply: Outerlimits 42 and/or GTX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.