Jet Skis BANNED on Fire Island! - Your Tax Dollars at Work

Notices

Jet Skis BANNED on Fire Island! - Your Tax Dollars at Work

Old 04-25-2002, 12:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Iggy,
Nice research, and it's GREAT that YOU quote your sources.
MD
Old 04-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Troutly: Your point is correct, but not revelant to this thread. Enviromentalist don't like PWC because they exsit, not because they are driven irresponsibly. The same is true for powerboats. Isn't there an island near you in Lake Superiur (sp?) where powerboats were darn near prohibitated without due course of law?

Yes, it is important we police ourselves and respect other's rights to enjoy the same waters we do. But we do have enemies that hate motarized toys, no mater how we drive them.

chart
Old 04-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish VA would do the same.
They don't look so cool in the back of a new boat with the drivers airborne past the boat driver either!

I know, it is the drivers, not the jet ski and agree. There needs to be a happy medium, a place they can run and not be bothered by boats as well.

Time will tell. Bryan
Old 04-25-2002, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I like ridding PWC not as much as the Fountain but fun. I know in my area the enviro wachos and retired yanks, would like to ban anything that makes noise. And use any means available. I just worry, once you ban one water craft it is only time until the same groups come after us.

WILL
Old 04-25-2002, 03:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I think everybody is right, in that, jet-skis are just the start of the "Eco-Banning Bandwagon". Like them or not, as far as the tree-huggers and the Gov't are concerned, Jet-skis are considered a "Boat type Vessel" They lump us all into 1 group down here in Fl. And it's only a matter of time before the Eco-Radicals train their gunsites on POWERBOATERS throughtout the US!! Hell, it's already happening in MANY places in the USA RIGHT NOW!!!
Troutly, is right, these Eco-Radicals are a VERY POWERFUL LOBBY that has almost unlimited funding!!!
MD
Old 04-25-2002, 04:16 PM
HavasuCat

Dean is right, it starts with jet skis and next it will be powerboats. Look at Lake Tahoe, they initially were trying to ban pwc's from the lake, and now all 2 strokes above 10 hp are banned. Next the I/O'S will be the target.

Old 04-25-2002, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

the jet skis better stop trying to jump my wake,cause the day he crashes into me will be his last and just bring some cats to the beach for the pps and pudder your right about the gestapo tripps
Old 04-25-2002, 07:34 PM
Charter/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Angry

I am glad some communities see the complete incompetence and total lack of common sense these xwmxw whatever skiers have. I wish the "powers to be would do the same in NJ. You can not travel the intercoastal waterway in southern NJ (at low tide especially) without running into way too many idiots driving these stupid things with no regards for anybody. Yes, I should be in the ocean, but the Atlantic Ocean after four or five foot is just too much of a pain in my ass for my 26' Cat.
Yes, I have been on some PWC, but because i have respect for other boaters, I know how to look for other boats "coming my way". A few times last summer, when i go looking for "that perfect piece" of flat water where I can wind my cat to well over 100, doesn't a PWC, with a idiot on the "wheel" come out of "nowhere". I know you all can relate to this situation. Get them off the waterways...
Old 04-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Registered

blueamerican,
you are missing the point, you and your 100 mph cat are next!
I've seen idiots on pwc's, 16's 21's and 33's boats, theres are always an ample supply of boneheads! I guess the ratio on pwc is greater because there are more of them!
legislation is not the answer to everything, personal responsibilty is the key!
when go fast boats are outlawed I guess we all be criminals!

Mattyboy
Old 04-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Registered

Default another clarification...

The ratio of dimbulbs on PWC's
is MUCH higher than in sportboats
BECAUSE
any idiot with $500 to put down
and $159 a month can own one.
With a trailer that will allow him
to RUIN a quiet day on ANY freshwater body.

I swear, some of you sound like those
NRA nutjobs who think they're all out to get us
'cause it's SUCH a good idea to go
squirrel hunting with an Intermark KG-9.

Quick Reply: Jet Skis BANNED on Fire Island! - Your Tax Dollars at Work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.