Notices

528 hemi in a 26' daytona

Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 528 hemi in a 26' daytona

looking at a 26 daytona that has a 528 hemi create motor in it, anybody know the durability of one? good as a chevy?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Registered

Is it a car motor or a boat motor? If it is set up for a car, you will need to do some work to it. Boats really need different cams than cars in order to perform well. The torque curve that you get out of a street cam is wrong for the water. There are a few other odds and ends (different freeze plugs, marine starter, etc) that need to be done as well.

Will a car motor push your boat through the water? Yes. Should it? No.

That being said, I'm sure there are 50 members on here that have car motors in their boats and love them.

Last edited by Planetwarmer; 05-06-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Registered

it has had a cam change, that is too loopy, i would need to change it to calm it down,cam and lifters are cheap. whole boat and motor with xr drive has 30 hours on it.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zx14
it has had a cam change, that is too loopy, i would need to change it to calm it down,cam and lifters are cheap. whole boat and motor with xr drive has 30 hours on it.
Send an email to Bob Teague at Powerboat magazine or you could call Alexi Sahagian at www.boostpower.com.