Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/229941-bobthebuilder-heading-back-islands-looking-new-adventure.html)

Bobthebuilder 06-23-2010 08:29 PM

Boo, hoo, ....it's over

Like they say all good things must come to an end. I am now back home in Canada. The boat is safely in the shipyard awaiting transport back to Ft Lauderdale and will then be hauled to Nor Tech who store and maintain it for me. It may not arrive until July 7th as it will go to San Juan first then put on a larger ship for FLL. In the mean time I will play with the Donzi up here.
Anyway the whole trip was a blast from start to finish. I met so many great and helpful people all along the way as well as had the pleasure of spending time with Jay, Hans and Marc. Made some special friends in David (OSO Expat ) and Chrissann at Saba Rock and Ron and Brant from St Thomas as well as Julian Sr and Jr (OSO JGC) in Ponce, PR just to mention a few.
I have a few stories to tell yet and some cool pictures to post and will do that over the next couple of days as I have time. After that the thread will slowly drift away as I contemplate ........what next ? LOL This is going to be hard to top and at some point I may look to OSO for some suggestions on what I could do for my next adventure.
Thanks for following along,
Bob

dammmagnum 06-24-2010 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 3143587)
Like they say all good things must come to an end. I am now back home in Canada. The boat is safely in the shipyard awaiting transport back to Ft Lauderdale and will then be hauled to Nor Tech who store and maintain it for me. It may not arrive until July 7th as it will go to San Juan first then put on a larger ship for FLL. In the mean time I will play with the Donzi up here.
Anyway the whole trip was a blast from start to finish. I met so many great and helpful people all along the way as well as had the pleasure of spending time with Jay, Hans and Marc. Made some special friends in David (OSO Expat ) and Chrissann at Saba Rock and Ron and Brant from St Thomas as well as Julian Sr and Jr (OSO JGC) in Ponce, PR just to mention a few.
I have a few stories to tell yet and some cool pictures to post and will do that over the next couple of days as I have time. After that the thread will slowly drift away as I contemplate ........what next ? LOL This is going to be hard to top and at some point I may look to OSO for some suggestions on what I could do for my next adventure.
Thanks for following along,
Bob

Bob

Thank you for taking all of us along for the adventure and ride
It been wonderful ,and I am so glad that you are safe back home.
Enjoy your Summer up North and hope we see you soon
maybe on Marco
Thank you again

Jim

Jim

offshoredrillin 06-24-2010 05:51 AM

I think that hammock pic needs to be your new avatar Bob!

cookee 06-24-2010 08:10 AM

Enjoyed reading about your adventures!

Mastercraft240 06-24-2010 08:25 AM

Awesome thread bob. So...... how about some pictures of the doniz:party-smiley-004:

Airpacker 06-24-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3143882)
Awesome thread bob. So...... how about some pictures of the doniz:party-smiley-004:

go here www.performanceboatclub.ca.
click on galleries and go to the 2009 Rice Lake run. Several pics of Bob's donzi there.

AppSysCons 06-24-2010 08:55 AM

Thanks for sharing Bob, it was a great trip!

Bobthebuilder 06-24-2010 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3143882)

Here we are at the 1,000 Islands poker run last August. I used some of the same paint colors as the NT. Kinda partial to blue. LOL
I will be on Georgian Bay with it this weekend. PBBC has an overnight poker run going up to Kilarney at the top of the bay. Water temps will be about 30 degrees cooler than I've enjoyed the last few weeks. LOL

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1168/...119500321b.jpg

Bobthebuilder 06-24-2010 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3143783)
I think that hammock pic needs to be your new avatar Bob!

He, he. Need a boat in my avitar, Rob. We had finished our lunch at Peter Island and intead of having desert with David and Chrissann, I excused myself and had a short nap in that hammock. That was the best with the sound of the water lapping up on the beach. :)

Bobthebuilder 06-24-2010 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3143185)
David,

thanks for the pictures. I think the Tiger looks pretty damn good next to Team Predator. If you guys double-team the blowboaters they'll never stand a chance!

That shot of Bob in the hammock is a classic. :drink:

Hope to get back down your way sometime- that island world is beautiful beyond words. j

I agree, Jay. Tiger looked and ran great. I downloaded some video about midnight last night and David will be glad to hear I got some great, big water video of him running beside us on the way back from Peter Island to Saba. Will post when I can but will need some time.