Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/229941-bobthebuilder-heading-back-islands-looking-new-adventure.html)

Bobthebuilder 05-07-2010 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 3105000)
+1!!!

3:14 is my guesstimate. Have fun. If you make it to the Chat N Chill say hello to KB for me.

We are planning a visit to Chat N Chill mid afternoon Sunday before we tie up at February Point Marina. Will ask for KB and let you know.

baywatch 05-08-2010 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 3105015)
We are planning a visit to Chat N Chill mid afternoon Sunday before we tie up at February Point Marina. Will ask for KB and let you know.

Awesome!!! Sunday is the day of the week that the Chat N Chill is really bumping. I sure would love to see the faces when that 50' beauty of yours pulls up amongst all the CC's and flats boats.

I still have one piece of dirt left on tropic of cancer beach down there. I really need to get back there to visit.

Have fun today guys.. you will be in my thoughts!!

Take sum pics for us!!

1bagger 05-08-2010 08:04 AM

My guess 4 O clock .
Good luck and may the weather gods be with you .

Paul

bajarick 05-08-2010 08:11 AM

Good luck Bob have a safe trip, Im sure
you wont have a daul moment with Hans
there. L O L
Rick

Airpacker 05-08-2010 08:17 AM

its 8 degrees and raining here Bob......YOU SUCK :)

Ebay Ed 05-08-2010 08:21 AM

i am guessing 3:57 pm

Davidmnc 05-08-2010 09:14 AM

Be safe Bob! Have fun and send pics!!!

My guess is 3:38pm :D

jmeng 05-08-2010 09:28 AM

Have a great trip Bob. Can't wait to follow alon on the SPOT.

2:42 pm

jayboat 05-08-2010 07:07 PM

As of 7:45 pm today

Through the wonders of modern telecommunications, I'm having this dictated to me from Alec in Canada so I can give you guys an update on Bob's progress.

He is off his planned schedule, and called Alec to let everyone know there is no problem. Because the seas were so calm and travel was good, Bob was eating hamburgers with his crew in Nassau at 4 o'clock. :drink:

The adventurers decided it was too early to quit, so they made the decision to continue on to Georgetown. A ways out of Nassau they threw a blade from one of the props. No problem in the calm seas- they decide to jump in and change the prop, but had a quick change of mind when a shark swam by. :eek:

At reduced speed they continued on... (times like this it is very handy to have 3 motors in your boat)

A little while later they lost power steering, and as of last communication, Bob suspects fluid level is the culprit. He is steering with his tabs and bow thruster as they are making way to the Georgetown docks. :drink:

Just want to let everyone know all is well, they are having a fantastic time and will give us an update sometime tomorrow.

The adventure continues...

signed,
jayboat, cub reporter
maritime division

vtec 05-08-2010 07:23 PM

Just north of Normans Cay. That must be an awesome tour.