Notices

Will XM stay around?

Old 04-26-2002, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK intollerant dont rain on the parade I m all siked up about no commercials and runnig 50 across good chop and no more skip
jrocket
Old 04-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Registered

Default XM

Is the subscription $10/month
for each head unit? I'd hate
to pay $30 to have it in the
boat, car and truck.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:54 PM
Registered

Default Re: XM

Originally posted by Sea Ya
Is the subscription $10/month
for each head unit? I'd hate
to pay $30 to have it in the
boat, car and truck.

Good question, I never even thought about that!
Old 04-26-2002, 02:42 PM
29Fever

gjockey,

What I meant is even when you channel surf on the local stations, it's still the same stuff over and over. What's the difference if you're picking up a Clear Channel station out of NYC or LA? It's still going to be the same songs. Hell, it's mostly all the same syndicated DJs too. (If you're listening to the same venue) You know what I mean. I do agree that it would be cool though. I'm just not ready to pay a monthly fee for radio. Now if we could get some detail on prices for a unit for the car, truck and boat at a discount rate...

Old 04-26-2002, 02:56 PM
BucketHead

Well, I woke up this morning and the unit was wroking. They activated it sometime during the night. The wife was kind enough to let me drive her Excursion to work today so I could play with it.

First off the sound quality is GREAT. The display itself is not that attractive and a little hard to see if you ask me. It worked under our carport, under overpasses, etc. I only heard on commercial during the thirty minute commute, while scrolling through the channels.

Got to tell you though that I laughed my ass off listening to the comedy channel on the drive in. I am hooked. This should help relieve stress and road rage.

You are correct in that it will cost $9.95 per month for every receiver you have. However, if you are like me, you only need one. It easily moves from the car to the boat to the house. You do have to buy an installation kit for all locations, but the receiver pops right out of the holder in your car and right into the holder in your boat. Just like putting a floppy disk in the drive. Then you only pay one $9.95 per month charge and use it anywhere you want to.

It will be an available option in most automobiles in two years from what I understand. Put I am going to enjoy it now.

Where do I buy stock for this company?

Old 04-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Buckethead,

I see that you must have bought the Excursion you were looking at. Funny, but we got the XM installed yesterday, and you are right. That comedy channel is funny as hell.

I sent you an e-mail. Check it out.