Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Has anyone dealt with Marine Max Marina in Lindenhurst, NY? >

Has anyone dealt with Marine Max Marina in Lindenhurst, NY?

Notices

Has anyone dealt with Marine Max Marina in Lindenhurst, NY?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Has anyone dealt with Marine Max Marina in Lindenhurst, NY?

I am a new boat owner (new to me),a 1993 Trojan 370 Express Cruiser that we found online and traveled to Lindenhurst NY from Cincinnati OH to buy. Paid cash so there was no financing needed. But I am having the worse time dealing with them. They either won't give me a true answer to my questions or most times they won't call me back. Anyone able to help me? Does anybody know anybody in Marine Max Corporate Office in Florida? I have finally received my boat but things are missing and wrong. I didn't realize this was going to be such a horrible experience. I LOVE the Trojan Boat! If I didn't love the boat so much, I think I would have asked for a refund and kept looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:09 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

I live near the marina and dont hold you breath. They are good at jerking costomers off. I'm speaking from experence
Old 05-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like this type of thing is not limited to 1 single Marine Max. My buddy bought a Sea Ray a few years ago and is still trying to get them to fix some crap.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:36 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

they suck. suck it up and just fix your boat and enjoy it
Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a boat through them in Chattanooga. They were fine there. It is probably like many companies. Unfortunately not all offices are created equal.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
they suck. suck it up and just fix your boat and enjoy it
Yeah but the other guy stiffed that dealiership in florida for $1K in service work on the boat he just bought and every one was ready to hang him.......

Then we have other "subjects" with evidence that's irrefutable and it continued on like it's not a big deal.

Let's at least be consistent..

I say go for the balls with these yahoo's, whether it's a person or a business... I've had enough of the unethical horsheeet already, it's gotta stop!

Makes me almost embarrassed to be a powerboat owner with some of this crap I've been seeing....

Last edited by Panther; 05-11-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Registered

It's all about the little things that we requested be done when we bought the boat. Repairing the canvas, tucking the carpet that was installed by the previous owner, reattaching the corner molding on the hatchs. Just lots of little things like that and oh, they didn't send or attach the windlass anchor that's in the purchase agreement. The boat was weeks overdue which ruined a Suprise 50th Birthday Party celebration I had planned with 62 guests and they would never call me back and let me know what was and wasn't going on. I have called them everyday since Monday (when it was delivered) about the anchor and still nothing! No matter who I talk to they forward me to someone else. It's just a bunch of crap! I know I could buy a new anchor but it's the principle of it all. I assumed that buying from a dealership would be a safe bet but we all know what happens when we ASSume! ****UPDATE**** I just received a call from Marine Max. They need to know what kind of windlass is on the boat so they can order the correct chain and line to send to me along with the anchor. I'll let you know when I receive it! Don't hold your breath....you could turn many different shades of blue!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:02 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Panther
Yeah but the other guy stiffed that dealiership in florida for $1K in service work on the boat he just bought and every one was ready to hang him.......

Then we have other "subjects" with evidence that's irrefutable and it continued on like it's not a big deal.

Let's at least be consistent..

I say go for the balls with these yahoo's, whether it's a person or a business... I've had enough of the unethical horsheeet already, it's gotta stop!

Makes me almost embarrassed to be a powerboat owner with some of this crap I've been seeing....
I guess I just believe that he'd be wasting time. Dealing with a single person or dealer can be done, but they are the LARGEST DEALER in the world. good luck
Old 05-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Marine Max here at LOTO is actually quite responsive. I bought two Sea Ray's thru them and both were positive experiences.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by zeller
it's the principle of it all.
Originally Posted by DollaBill
I guess I just believe that he'd be wasting time. Dealing with a single person or dealer can be done, but they are the LARGEST DEALER in the world. good luck
The above statement made by zeller is what it's all about for me!

I hear what you're saying, I really didn;t mean it as directed towards you and probably should have clarified. For me it's all about principle, whether it's $5 or $500,000 I don't care. That's just how I am.

I'm completely exhausted reading, hearing and seeing what's going on with certain individuals, businesses and some friends I've made in our sport.... Maybe it's time I get a Bayliner....

Alright, end of rant... I'm going boating this weekend!

Originally Posted by zeller
****UPDATE**** I just received a call from Marine Max. They need to know what kind of windlass is on the boat so they can order the correct chain and line to send to me along with the anchor. I'll let you know when I receive it! Don't hold your breath....you could turn many different shades of blue!
Good for you!!! Keep us posted!

Last edited by Panther; 05-13-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.