If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    My Boats:
    Sold the Cig
    Spring Lake, Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
    On the "preferrential payments" thing what if you tell the bankruptcy court you simply don't have the money? In Mark's case he got $75,000, what if he simply paid all of his outstanding bills with that money?

Most small businesses don't keep 75K in their checkbook so if the money is gone could you argue A. the money was indeed a legitimate debt and B. if you are forced to repay it then it puts your company in jeopardy of bankruptcy as well!
    The entire explination is to long to explain this Scott,
    Unfortunatly in order to maintain running a business like we did, servicing the auto industry, it was a sticky wicket and cost less than litigation and the blackballing that can be done to a supplier in the auto industry so we did pay it back

SOme time i will share how it all worked with you over a pop or three

My Boats:
    1997/2010 Spectre Catamaran w/ twin 250XS Sports
    Monroe, LA
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 View Post
    I had a thread that got poofedkeep calling.

She shouldn't of charged the card until ready to ship,She keeps credit card info.
    I saw this thread, Rob and I remembered that. That was pretty ****ty. Sad when you have to get a lawyer involved for something they could have done correctly so easily.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678