Help! Issue with Mcleod Design in MI!!

Notices

Help! Issue with Mcleod Design in MI!!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Nothing from nothing leaves nothing. In fact Mcleod is still trying to get an additional 12K from my customer bringing the interior closer to 80K. Last week my customer was coming out a restaurant and Mcleod was waiting in the parking lot for a chat about the addition 12K. During this chat Mcleod told him that he was not done with me ( he thinks I owe him) and mentioned something about bringing a gun to settle it.

I had Mcleod's Chevelle on my hoist for 5 years waiting for him to purchase parts to finish the project and I never received a dime during this time. His labor bill was over 7K and I also had money out on parts and shipping. I told him after the 2nd year that I could no longer store his car for free and needed to finish this project. 3 years later after the Donzi projected ended I asked him to remove all his items from my building and ended or relationship. He calls me the next day and states that I owe him money and my reply was "your out of your mind" and told him what I thought about about the Donzi project. I still have an open repair bill for the last time I worked on his delivery truck from 2 years ago. Every job that I have been involved with when it comes to Mcleod escalates in price from the agreed upon amount given by him.

He even has done it to some big names in the industry like TAOD delivering him an interior while we were doing the Donzi project at twice the original price. Mcleod told me that Dean refused to pay the additional cost (if I remember correctly the 100 percent increase was because of additional colors on 2 Skater seats).

I worked for Mcleod when I was 18 years old and HAD listened to his BS for 30 years. He always blamed the other guy for his problems and business short comings. It was not until my own personal boat, Chevelle and the Donzi project did I realize that I had viewed our relationship with a blind eye.
That is just an unbelievable story, all I know about McLeod Interior Design was what I read in the Boating Magazines,when there were some and saw their Advertisements in them. It goes to show that never judge a book by its cover, until you have read it.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
In fact Mcleod is still trying to get an additional 12K from my customer bringing the interior closer to 80K.
Wow. A brand new Donzi 22 classic doesn't even cost that much. Tough to see how an interior for one should.

That Donzi is a work of art, BTW.

Sad thing is, that it seems like the guy does very nice work. Too bad it comes with enough BS that it doesn't make sense to use him.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
There were a few McLeod stories before this collapse. BTW...I own a remodeling company, I've taken a hit too, I've sold my boat, Corvette, and restructured the way I live (and it SUCKS), but my clients receive the same high quality work and consideration I've always delivered.

That's what I'm taking about, you never screwed your customers and continued to provide them with the same quality work, while changing your life style and business operations.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Maybe it's time to send this clown to the beware section. He'll be in good company.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
Never understood the attraction to Mcleod? the seats are uncomfortable and have way too many parts to them and seem to fall apart.

You are wrong on that statement. The McCleod bolsters are excellent and after 5 years mine have never had an issue. Power base still works flawlessly and the seams/stitching is as perfect as the day the boat was delivered.

McCleod seats have been factory equipment in Baja, Black Thunder, Formula, Sunsation and others for years. That puts their product in more boats than anyone else in the seating business! Guy might be a d!ickhead but he makes nice seats!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by McGary911
Wow. A brand new Donzi 22 classic doesn't even cost that much. Tough to see how an interior for one should.

That Donzi is a work of art, BTW.

Sad thing is, that it seems like the guy does very nice work. Too bad it comes with enough BS that it doesn't make sense to use him.
+1.........Love the boat but 80K for an interior is/was ROBBERY!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You are wrong on that statement. The McCleod bolsters are excellent and after 5 years mine have never had an issue. Power base still works flawlessly and the seams/stitching is as perfect as the day the boat was delivered.

McCleod seats have been factory equipment in Baja, Black Thunder, Formula, Sunsation and others for years. That puts their product in more boats than anyone else in the seating business! Guy might be a d!ickhead but he makes nice seats!
This is what I just don't understand. I've been an OSOer for almost ten years now and McLeod has had a sterling reputation all those years. I mean just look at all the builders he has done work for. I wonder how much work he'll have going forward, especially if Reggie and the other builders read this thread...
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 AM

I do agree the seats are awesome I have sat in the new Sunsations and they are a work of art. But hearing how he runs a business is crazy to not respond to the customer not good. I am suprised that builders would do business with someone that has trouble responding to thier customers. Heck if he pays me enough I will manage his business seems easy to turn it around answer emails and phones and give a price and stick to it. Oh yeah deliver the product slipped my mind!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know his house is for sale on the water
Old 05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Registered

I got this email from her back in Dec.

Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 10:56 AM
To: Stephanie Lee
Subject: Stephanie @ McLeod Design Group
Dear Valued McLeod customer:

I just wanted to send you a friendly update letting you know that I have moved back to Arizona where the sun shines all year round. I am very happy to be back and am still somewhat helping my Dad with quotes and sales at
McLeod Design Group. These tough economic times have of course been tough on everyone in the boating industry but we are still HANGIN ON! J

My move to AZ was very last minute, my husband got transferred in August and he had to report to the Phoenix office within TWO WEEKS!! So my world at McLeod was turned upside down when we decided to accept the position and move back. My Mom (Alicia) and Dad (Michael) and running the office and handling sales now - which is all new to them. But if you need anything at all please don't hesitate giving them a call at (734) 942-1166 or send them
an e-mail at:
[email protected]

[email protected] - this email will be up and running by the end of
the week.

It has been a pleasure working with all of you!! My mcleoddesign.com email will stay active probably forever because it is hard to part with, but I don't get to check it as often as I did since giving up my Blackberry J

I wish you all the best and a very happy holiday. If you have any questions please don't hesitate sending me an e-mail. Happy Boating!!
Your Friend,
Stephanie McLeod Lee
McLeod Design Group, Inc.
26925 Northline Rd.
Taylor, MI 48180
Tel: 734.942.1166 Ext 26
FX: 734.942.0038
www.mcleoddesign.com

VISIT US ONLINE - WWW.MCLEODDESIGN.COM

Not making excuse.....but maybe this is why she has not called back??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.