Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Signature 28 Year  model question??????? >

Signature 28 Year model question???????

Notices

Signature 28 Year model question???????

Old 05-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Signature 28 Year model question???????

I thought I read where some one said that signature did not build any boats in 1990 and then pantera or someone built boats from these molds. Does anyone have any info???
I am new to offshore.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Signature were built by Tommy Adams in the late 1970's early80's. Pantera took over their shop on 188th street when Signature left. I don't know the exact dates they were built-but it was well before 1990. Adams passed away due to "lead poisoning" , and Signature also passed....
The 27 Signature had success as raceboats-such as "Crazy Greek", "Adios Gringo", "Lady L" and "Aft R U". They also built a 32 and 38 raceboats-but failed to have any success.
Welcome to OSO! Did you purchase the hull in Rochester NY?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Signature were built by Tommy Adams in the late 1970's early80's. Pantera took over their shop on 188th street when Signature left. I don't know the exact dates they were built-but it was well before 1990. Adams passed away due to "lead poisoning" , and Signature also passed....
The 27 Signature had success as raceboats-such as "Crazy Greek", "Adios Gringo", "Lady L" and "Aft R U". They also built a 32 and 38 raceboats-but failed to have any success.
Welcome to OSO! Did you purchase the hull in Rochester NY?
I believe that there was a 32 ft. Signature called "Feel The Rush" out of Ohio, I think. It had good success racing in the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series and had an awesome paint job and was one of the best looking boats in B-Class.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Signature 1990 ??????

No. Did not buy boat from NY. But I have purchased what is left of EMPTY POCKETS from a guy in missouri. Does anyone have any additional info on this boat?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

original owner was from md. boat was hurt in a race. i thought it was bad im surprised it still is around.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The hull is red gel coat if it was Empty Pockets. During a race at the Worlds in Key West the hull and deck separated out just after the turn the "wall". It is my understanding the hull was the only thing recovered. The Empty Pockets hull was here on the cape when Mike Becall was building Signature Boats. He had the 24' BRT molds,27' and 38' Signature molds. It was a his place in Hyannis when I saw it. That was back in 1997 I think.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 28 signature

If the serial number is sgt2700a090 or close to that I Cant remember for sure. I bought I bought it new from michael becal.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am the guy in Missouri that had it. Wanted to make a "project" out of it, but time took over. I bought it in Maine. Very cool boat. Was told hull was empty pockets and different deck by becall later.