Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sleekcraft/Magic Tour and Company!!! >

Sleekcraft/Magic Tour and Company!!!

Notices

Sleekcraft/Magic Tour and Company!!!

Old 04-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sleekcraft/Magic Tour and Company!!!

With all of the Buyer Beware we have heard lately I wanted to take a minute to give an independent view of a company that has not only an impressive product but also boasts an impressive sales, service and public relations department. First of all as a new and used boat salesperson I get to see a lot of products. Some are quality and some are just flash. I try to make the determination before I put my clients in one so I can get repeat business. Yesterday I drove 4.5 hours to Lake Havasu to look at a few boats at Sleekcraft/Magic. The head of sales greeted me and showed me all of there inventory and brokerage boats. After that we went for an extensive tour of the manufacturing plant. I was introduced to people on the line and was amazed at the energy of the employees. Every one of them looked like the boss just handed out fifty's for Christmas. They all seemed to enjoy and take pride in there work. I saw the molds and hull for the new 44 Cat that I am sure will be talked about on this board and found there boats to have some impressive traits. After the tour we sat down for business and started hitting numbers. The salesman knew his product to a T. Speeds, weights, and other characteristics where shot right back as if he knew I was about to ask the question ahead of time. I watched a few customers and how they where treated buy the sales staff as they looked at the boats. There was not any feeling of a used car lot, No high pressure or push to buy something you may or may not want. I concluded my business and hoped back in my car to sit in traffic for another 5.5 hours. Over all, for those members who travel to Lake Havasu I would suggest a trip out to see the factory. For those interested in a light but strong 23-34 Go Fast Boat in the custom category I would strongly suggest talking with the people at Sleekcraft/Magic. For every thing else..Of course, Call Me!!! Again I was not asked, nor did I get a dime or discount to write my opinion on this company. I just think we should give credit where credit is due.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:36 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Did you have an opportunity to meet Keith Sayre? I have never met him, but he participates regularly on another board and seems to be a very knowledgeable and considerate person. He is proud of his product (Sleek/Magic) and extols its virutes, but is as quick to compliment another manufacturer if it is so deserved. Now thats refreshing for a change.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

Actually it was keith that showed me around. A good salesperson not only kows his/her own product but knows the competition. Kieth was not afraid to give the fine ponts of other Boat Builders. That to me instills cofidence that when a buyer weighs all of the pros and cons of two boats the best boat wins. That place was cranking. Phones ringing off the hook, Thre different couples were "No appointment walk ins". Ron set that place up right. I had a chance to speak with Ron (The Owner) onmy way there. He has his hands in a few othe buisenesses but was he most down to earth no B.S. person Ive talked to all month (and its been a LONG month) He was proud of the improvemets he has made in since he bought the company. Hopefully I will have the chance to run one of there boats in the big water out here to see if I can break one. Watching the overall layup I would not be afraid to take one out in the pacific on a decent day.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:33 PM
BD 24VIP

Default I know what you mean!

Of all the West Coast builders that I have seen, NOBODY beats the pricing, quality and service of Sleekcraft/Magic. This is why we are selling a 24' boat so we can step up to a 29' Magic!! Keith is definitely a helpful guy!

Old 04-25-2002, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you wanna chat with Keith about their products or have questions about Sleekcraft or Magic boats. He is always hanging out with me here:

River Racer X

Check out the message board and see what's up!

By the way. I bought my Nordic from Keith and he is now a good friend. Very nice people!!

RRX
Old 04-25-2002, 04:32 PM
Travisw

Cool

Keith is definitely awesome! I just traded in a 28' caliber 1 for the 30' sleekcraft. I like to go to the ocean and the caliber 1 didn't have a deep enough v and wasn't heavy enough. My buying experience was great. Keith didn't pressure me even once; in fact it was almost like I had to pressure him. I'm very happy with my sleekcraft in the ocean and even happier it wasn't a hassle to buy it! With all the crooks in the boat business sleekcraft/magic is definitely a cut above.

Old 04-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Registered

RRX,
Nice site. After looking at that , all of the sudden I am reminded why I am spending a Bloody fortune on fixing my boat for the season.