I am conducting a quick and fun survey to use for a research paper that I am developing for an English class at Green River C.C. in Auburn, WA. Please answer the (6) questions below. You may email your response to [email protected]
I will be able to utilize all responses given by May 28th!
Thank you very much for taking the time,
Custom Performance Boat Manufacturing Ownership
1. Will past manufacturers such as Cobra, Carrera, and Ultimate be resurrected with new ownership? Yes or No.
2. As of the middle of 2010, how many additional custom performance boat manufacturers across the U.S. would you expect to close operations? 1 to 3, 4 to 6, 7+.
3. When will the next “brand new” (not current molds rebadged) custom performance boat manufacturer enter the market?
4. Do you feel that the days of “production” that created floor models as we have seen from Fountain, Donzi, and Baja etc. have ended? Yes or No.
5. Describe the custom performance boat manufacturing industry in 3 words or less:
a. from 2006 to 2007
b. from 2008 to 2009
c. from 2010 to 2011
d. from 2012 to 2013
6. If presented with an opportunity to become involved with custom performance boat manufacturing ownership; would you enter the market now? Yes or No. If no, when do you feel the potential return on investment would allow you to consider it?
I wish you would have spent the time to complete the survey for my studies that you had spent talking about fishing boats. Thanks anyway!
Carrera was a Miami based raceboat company that built some of the best offshore raceboats of its time and have a rich racing history, they sold that to the present Carrera
who used the same molds and bottoms but changed the decks to a fishing style.
and see what the real Carreras look like.
The west coast "Cali" Carrera you speak of made nice looking lake boats and deck boats/party cats and were never involved in offshore racing and with the majority of their boats sold in the california and havasu area
Not trying to bust your balls ,just trying to point out your survey is flawed unless your specific about which boat companies you are reffering to.
Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 06-10-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine