Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skater trip to Cayo Costa, FL (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/231079-skater-trip-cayo-costa-fl.html)

AppSysCons 05-22-2010 06:14 PM

Skater trip to Cayo Costa, FL

1 Attachment(s)
Earlier today, I put lowered the Skater into the water, went out the Myakka River, down Charlotte Harbor, through Boca Grande pass, into the Gulf, and a few more miles South, and anchored up in 3 feet of water off Cayo Costa island.

The harbor was blowing pretty good, but since the wind was from out of the East, the Gulf was flat.

It was a 63.2 mile trip, and I burned 27.5 gallons of 93 octane, that's 2.3mpg.

14 pictures, Skater trip Cayo Costa, FL

Slide Show, Skater trip Cayo Costa, FL

Here is a picture, the rest can be seen at the links above, enjoy.

Bobthebuilder 05-22-2010 09:49 PM

Nice, Frank and thanks for sharing. Next season I need to get together with you at Cayo Costa. I just never seem to get up there but looks very nice. The water was just about that flat for our run down to Turks and Caicos today except in exposed areas we would get these really neat soft rollers. Chat soon and nice to see you enjoying the Skater.
Bob

AB From Windsor 05-23-2010 07:59 AM

Nice pic's!

Looking at them, makes you dream of being there relaxing and just enjoying the day/life.

JIMKID Motorsports 05-23-2010 08:39 AM

yay well its going to 80 here and no humidity so there take that but im working on the house for the daughters graduation open house putting the dock in and the jet skis the jet boat is all set skater is next loooks like fun frank but i see the sweat on you from here thats florida wet heat enjoy

AppSysCons 05-23-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 3117305)
Nice, Frank and thanks for sharing. Next season I need to get together with you at Cayo Costa. I just never seem to get up there but looks very nice. The water was just about that flat for our run down to Turks and Caicos today except in exposed areas we would get these really neat soft rollers. Chat soon and nice to see you enjoying the Skater.
Bob

Bob,

I have been following you and Jay via spot, and the pictures.

It is nice to see things coming together to make you trip a reality, and such an enjoyable experience.

Have Jay take plenty of pictures, be safe, and have fun!

AppSysCons 05-23-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor (Post 3117437)
Nice pic's!

Looking at them, makes you dream of being there relaxing and just enjoying the day/life.

Funny story about the pictures:

I was walking back to the boat, through the 2-3 foot deep Gulf water, and I tripped on the anchor line, almost lost the Nikon. Just managed to hold her up and above the water as I went over.

That would have been quite the photo-op for one of my passengers on the beach.

AppSysCons 05-23-2010 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports (Post 3117469)
yay well its going to 80 here and no humidity so there take that but im working on the house for the daughters graduation open house putting the dock in and the jet skis the jet boat is all set skater is next loooks like fun frank but i see the sweat on you from here thats florida wet heat enjoy

Jim

Getting HOT here, but not much humidity yet.

Velocity Tom 05-23-2010 03:45 PM

27 gal = 63 miles YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That same trip for me was 50 gal and thats being nice to it.

AppSysCons 05-23-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom (Post 3117693)
27 gal = 63 miles YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That same trip for me was 50 gal and thats being nice to it.

2.3mpg, and you have seen how I run my boat.

Taking the Howard/TCM1000 to Denny Mon, I will keep you informed.

AB From Windsor 05-23-2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by AppSysCons (Post 3117541)
Funny story about the pictures:

I was walking back to the boat, through the 2-3 foot deep Gulf water, and I tripped on the anchor line, almost lost the Nikon. Just managed to hold her up and above the water as I went over.

That would have been quite the photo-op for one of my passengers on the beach.

Great save!