Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Buyers beware .....Same old story ! >

Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Notices

Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Old 04-19-2002, 03:14 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Buyers beware .....Same old story !

As some of you know a friend of mine wanted to buy some small 250 blowers with single carbs . Someone hooked me up with a WELL known engine builder in Michigan . The owner of the place told me he had 2 sets like new with only 3 hours on them . Complete ............ 2 new Nickerson carbs with new flame arresters , 2 like new 250 blowers with intakes ,brakets and all accessories , I told him we needed 2 sets of good exhaust , 2 water cross overs , all the gaskets ,and 2 holley marine fuel pumps . He said no problem ! He has everything ready to go .We overnight cetertified check last week. he says $150 shipping ??? Then it becomes $500 ! Call him Wednesday he still didn't ship it .We over night the stuff nowand it's another $500. Parts show up with yet another $500 added for drop shipping exhaust from eddys marine !! Now,,, blowers are OK, maybe, Carbs SUCK ,they look like crap and are not marine carbs , He says he couldn't find the flame arresters so he gives us 2 from MRD .They turn out to be some crap that looks like stock junk ! 1 is about an inch tall and the other is over 2" ! The water cross overs were used and ugly !We were Suposed to be buying them new from him . There is no hard ware at all for the blowers , No gaskets , 1 holley marine fuel pump and 1 NON marine no name pump !! Oh and he charged us a couple hundred extra for exhaust over what he quoted it to be ...............

PLease be sure to deal with this place in the future !! They give great deals ,always on time ,and very dependable !!

Yeah right ! *#@%>!*&$%

Well maybe if we put the bigger fuel pump on the motor with the smaller flame arrester it will equal out in the end . WHat do you guys think ? I think it will work !!

If you see a 38 fountain cruising around with only one engine hatch scoop thats because we only had one tall air cleaner ! The other one fits under the hatch ! Hey thanks ,you saved us from buying 2 scoops ! See ,, I told you this was a good guy .See how he saved us money !
Old 04-19-2002, 04:42 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boot, your post is of no good to us without naming the engine builder. Sorry for your hassles
Old 04-19-2002, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if youre in nj you should try kurts competion center 732 477-7400 or theres alot of good guys at the shore. pro-rock,typoons many more.you can see before you pay. ill delivery for 1000.00
Old 04-19-2002, 06:46 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry about the expensive hassle you just went through. But I have to agree about the post being worthless without a name attached.

Don't make me get out my crystal ball
Old 04-19-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

I agree with Too Old. Do what has to be done! You need to stay after people like this till they finally break down and you get what is rightfully yours. In my particular case. it took me 3 years to collect and it cost him more in attorneys fees and settlement costs than our original judgement was for. If you are not tenacious as Too Old said he will walk away from you and he will have won. We cannot let people like this get away with their unscrupulous actions. They need to be taught that we the consumer will NOT take this type of action lying down. I would also suggest you mention who this person is so that no one else here gets stung as you did. If anyone thinks you are bashing his dealer then they are sadly mistaken so long as you are ALWAYS speaking the truth! Best of luck my friend! And I am sorry to hear about your plight.

Shane
Old 04-19-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered

Too Old .... I agree comletely.... Am very interested in who this is.. I am getting ready to order quite a few things myself.. that cannot be tolerated !!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tyler Crocket Marine Engines.......

Sorry for not just coming out with it ! I just am a little timid about it till I get fired up enough . I guess since it was a friend of mine and not me was why . But it's not second hand info ,I talked to Tyler myself first and set it up . I know if it was my $11,000 or so ,I would have been on the first plane with the bat in hand ! THis is unbeleivable.

Glad I didn't send my motors out there to be done like he wanted me to . SO there it is for all to see . BEWARE !! My friend plans on calling the BBB & anyone else that will listen too! This guy is not one to be messed with . He is in a possision in life where when someone deserves it ,he will stop his normal life ,no matter how long or how much money it takes , to persue the guilty until it is righted . I hope Tyler has a change of hart before it reuins his rep . Untill now I had never herd anything bad about him .........
Old 04-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

You mean to tell me Tyler Crockett marine did this....?......HOLY CHIT..............why have I heard soo much good about them.....

I'm sure this board will have a fit over this.......
Old 04-19-2002, 09:20 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy

Boot,
Certainly can't argue the facts, but dude, I gotta tell you, that was the LAST name I thought I would read. Actually, it sounds unbelieveably out of character for them.
Sorry to hear about your problems.
Old 04-19-2002, 09:43 AM
Registered

I cannot believe he would do that with his rep. !!!

Boot good luck in getting this straight ! Hope he makes it right !

Quick Reply: Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.